Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Monkey Labor
Quote | Reply
many supermarkets are starting to refuse coconut products -- if monkeys picked the coconuts.

i'm not sure it's monkey abuse, and probably safer than sending people up there.

would you enjoy monkey-harvested coconut?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53276071
Quote Reply
Re: Monkey Labor [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more concerned that there are monkeys that are going to monkey school to learn to ride bikes and play basketball for the entertainment of spectators.

Is there any regulation of this? Are girl monkeys getting same number of scholarships to monkey school as the boys?

On the other hand, if monkeys don't get covid, we could get the Tour de France started right now.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you read the article, and if what in there is accurate I would say it is abuse. It sets a disturbing picture. Now if they weren't chained up, deprived of companionship, stuck in a tiny cage, etc, or in other words, became "free range coconut pickers" it would be a different story.
Quote Reply
Re: Monkey Labor [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's a video. Definitely shackled . . . it's mildly disturbing, but more so than donkeys or guard dogs? There's the intelligence question too . . .

if the monkey was free range, would he hang around?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Definitely shackled . . . it's mildly disturbing, but more so than donkeys or guard dogs?

Starting another leash thread are you?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Monkey Labor [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Monkey Labor [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Well, if you read the article, and if what in there is accurate I would say it is abuse. It sets a disturbing picture. Now if they weren't chained up, deprived of companionship, stuck in a tiny cage, etc, or in other words, became "free range coconut pickers" it would be a different story.

Agree, not much different than a bird dog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fear that this doesn't end well.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the higherarchy of indignation and with no real claim other than Peta who thinks we should not have cats and dogs as pets I will save my Norma Rae for things like what are going on in China or other places to people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's going to be very easy for me to take the high road on this issue. I vow to never buy any coconut products that were harvested with monkey labor--because I never buy anything with coconut in it.
Last edited by: zed707: Jul 3, 20 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: Monkey Labor [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

________
Quote Reply