Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Triathletes of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!").
Quote | Reply
A low tech thread.
How old is your tech.
DOS ?
Garmin 310?
9- speed?
QR Kilo?
North Star runners?
Butyl tubes?
Syntace aero bars?

Your turn. No Jacket Required.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathletes of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!"). [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still on rollers for my trainer- does that count?
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathletes of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!"). [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedplay X-series pedals

Cycling jerseys from the early oughts.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR Santo, Garmin edge 500
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North Stars? You're showing your age and your nationality.

I still run 9 speed on my 2003 road bike.

Butyl tubes? Yes.

Cateye bike computers. I have three.

I still run a triple on my 26" ti hardtail.

Activa wet weather bike jacket - 1998.

Roach shorts x 2. 1997.

Cove bike jersey - 1996.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't own anything from the 80s except for some Scott Tinley branded lace locks.

I had a pair of Syntace aero bars I used on my 2nd gravel bike until they broke last month.

I use a 9 speed cassette on the bike I have mounted on my non smart trainer.

I still use butyl tubes.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
A low tech thread.
How old is your tech.

Quote:
Butyl tubes?

Latex tubes existed long before the invention of butyl rubber. Pneumatic tubeless tires technically predate butyl as well, although they wouldn't see notable adoption until much later, even in automobiles.
Last edited by: HTupolev: Jul 3, 20 0:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 1990 team Z Jersey.
2008 stump jumper.
I have some biopace chainrings that got used last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found an old but well-preserved bike in the basement of a family vacation home. 1970s or 1980s Peugeot steel frame, ten speeds (total!), down-tube shifters. Apparently hasn't been ridden since 1990. Hoping to take it home next time I'm there and get it tuned up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an aero water bottle I bought at Sears in 1982. Though this might not qualify since it's not in use anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All original new purchases still in the stable:
1995 cdale SR900 road bike with 2x8 ultegra.
1997 keywin crm pedals
2001 1up USA bike trainer

I still have several jerseys from the early 2000s.

Until last year my booties were 1997 performance bike. But, the zipper finally gave out, so they gone.

I still have my day glow foldable /packable day glow rain gear from the same Era.

I still own a cat eye computer... But, it's just in a drawer.

I have a polar s710 hrm with cadence and speed sensors. I also have a 310 hrm. All new circa 2000 ish.

I still have a copy of windows 3.1 training software called Ultracoach.

I still have my coaching notes from rich Strauss from his crucible fitness days. I don't know if I still have the voice recordings from the calls, though. I used a microcassette recorder so I could go back and relisten. All our emails are still in my account online.

Speaking of which, I still have my yahoo email address from 1997 Ish?
Quote Reply
Re: "Triathletes of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!"). [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info on the tubes. I wasn't aware of that.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
A low tech thread.
How old is your tech.
DOS ?
Garmin 310?
9- speed?
QR Kilo?
North Star runners?
Butyl tubes?
Syntace aero bars?

Your turn. No Jacket Required.

You got the topic title wrong.

It should read "You have nothing to lube but your chains!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in my Timex Sports running hat this morning. Ironic - post run I was sitting on the porch cooling down and admiring that dang hat and how many races it's seen over the past 25+ years and its still in perfect working order. Like the other poster I still have some Tinley lace locks lying around as well - dayglo orange, of course.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kestrel KM40 airfoil that I still used in some races. Avia Tri shoes that are still very functional (use to have Time cleats on them). A Trek Y-11 mountain bike that I ride a few times every week. An Ironman vest that the logo appears when wet. A really nice condition pair of Tinley shorts, that I could never fit into but have always kept in case I ever hit my racing weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I win
Quote Reply