Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trips abroad
Quote | Reply
If an American living in America wanted to take a trip right now, what countries would they be allowed to travel to? I know the EU has banned Americans (https://www.theverge.com/...us-pandemic-response)... Has any other country or group of countries followed suit?
Last edited by: trois_pample: Jul 2, 20 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you want to go anywhere else? America is great again!

Pink implied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For starters you all could stop "driving home to Alaska" which is code for bringing your filth and covid to Canada for a cheap vacation.

As far as where can you go, I hear Sudan is nice this time of year?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [LCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LCtriguy1 wrote:
For starters you all could stop "driving home to Alaska" which is code for bringing your filth and covid to Canada for a cheap vacation.

As far as where can you go, I hear Sudan is nice this time of year?

I hear the population of Alaska has tripled over the last couple of months. :)

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting I’m going in two weeks so far as the first leg of my trip , but I have two different passports should be ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait? You're coming from America and trying to get into Europe? What passport are you going to try to use to pull that off?

From the article: "The full list countries whose residents are now allowed entry to the EU is as follows: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
Wait? You're coming from America and trying to get into Europe? What passport are you going to try to use to pull that off?

From the article: "The full list countries whose residents are now allowed entry to the EU is as follows: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay."

I have a Greek passport (&US) and flying into Greece I have not heard anything yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:

My best friend lives in the USA but has both Canadian and American passports. His company does a lot of business overseas and he's the only one with dual passports. Looks like he has some business travel coming up.
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [LCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much every US plate off the established route will get reported to police. Banff is 120 KM out of the way and they have been issuing fines almost daily.

Time to start deporting these idiots. Drop them at the nearest land border and ship their vehicle at their expense to the border and only release it once the shipping costs are recovered.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking impound their vehicle for 2 weeks while they undergo mandatory quarentine, all at their expense.

Aren't impound fees like $100 a day? Plus hotel, etc. Hotel staff can report them if they are leaving the hotel.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a plane ticket for the end of August to travel to London. Luckily I can cancel without losing money.

The plan is to fly to London, join two friends, fly to Lucca Italy. Then we'll ride bicycles back to London going through France.

I don't have high hopes of this trip happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just reading in the Irish Times about all of the American tourists in Kerry Ireland. Apparently you just fly into Belfast and take a bus down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I just bought a plane ticket for the end of August to travel to London. Luckily I can cancel without losing money.

The plan is to fly to London, join two friends, fly to Lucca Italy. Then we'll ride bicycles back to London going through France.

you may be able to fly, but if current rules still apply, have to quarantine upon reaching destination. But the views from the hotel in Lucca will be lovely . . .

i hope these dictates change -- I'm just back from the states and in for two weeks of home jail myself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the quarantine.
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
Enjoy the quarantine.

Maybe not, I was tested last week, negative, if they test you have to stay quarantined until test results (48hrs)

All visitors from air, land or sea, will be subject to random tests upon arrival. Upon being tested, the passenger moves to their final destination. In the event of a positive result, they will be contacted and placed on 14-day quarantine, with expenses covered by the Greek state.
All visitors are strongly recommended to download the Visit Greece app (GDPR compliant) for free prior or upon arrival in Greece.
Visitors should complete (48 hours before travel) a Passenger Locator Factor form (PLF) with their contact details in Greece, effective from 6 July 2020. Until 5 July 2020 the PLF can be completed at the airport just before check-in. The PLF can also be found on the Visit Greece app and at travel.gov.gr.

Greece is ready once again to welcome the world. Here is how:
1st July onwards
Residents form EU+ countries are allowed to travel to Greece. EU+ consists of the European Union, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway, Lichtenstein and Iceland.
Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay, China*.
*subject to confirmation of reciprocity.
Other countries citizens are allowed to travel to Greece only for essential travel.
AIR
International flights are allowed into all airports in Greece.
Extension of ban for direct flights from the UK & Sweden until 15 July.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx for that info. Mrs rob2681 and I have tix for Mykonos in September to celebrate our anniversary.

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:

We visited my daughter in London over Christmas. It was awesome. She is now in Zurich and we planned on spending this coming Christmas there with her. We did not buy tickets yet. Hopefully things change. She (and we) will be devastated if she has to spend Christmas alone.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Trips abroad [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

We visited my daughter in London over Christmas. It was awesome. She is now in Zurich and we planned on spending this coming Christmas there with her. We did not buy tickets yet. Hopefully things change. She (and we) will be devastated if she has to spend Christmas alone.

The EU has apparently relegated the US to "Shithole country" status.

Hopefully you get to go.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Mexico is jumping in on the game: https://www.bnd.com/...rticle243985782.html

This might be an unexpected way to give that wall the workout it has been waiting for...
Quote Reply