Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does Lionel make more on youtube or tri [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, TC! Very interesting. I appreciate the quality of the work you put out, and have spent multiple hours suffering to your product...lol...

And Lionel is compelling to watch. It helps if one is a tri geek, but still a watchable personality. I just can't help but root for the guy with his full tilt boogie approach .

Glad you're making decent coin for your efforts. It benefits all of us who ride in the cave regularly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Talbot for getting back to us, you both make a great team and put some entertaining comment. We just want LS to get that top spot in Kona now :D

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: Does Lionel make more on youtube or tri [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot deserved 150k after his ride up Mt Lemmon, that was an impressive average heart rate for amount of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I could not help to comment on this one.

YouTube is a fun ave for Lionel to connect and inspire. I can tell you right now no one sponsors the channel. Lionel refuses to have someone sponsor the channel. He pays me 100% out of his own pocket. Me doing you tube for Lionel also results in me being with Lionel once a month which opens up more opportunity for me to make additional money from sponsors if they're needing content, images, or Instagram videos ect. This has been a win win solution for over 2 years now. If you look Lionel's Channel it is the most regular and constant channel in "professional" endurance sport. Lionel's main focus is to inspire and nothing else.

My favorite story of Lionel is back in March we had our monthly content meeting. I requested that he cut my salary by 20% so we would not hit a dead patch because he was not racing which results in not making a lot of income. Lionel said to me "If im paying you when times are good (around Kona) I am going to pay you when times are bad." Lionel refused to lower my pay. Lionel is not only a leader but is one of the wisest guys I know. He is extremely smart and has invested his money in other places than triathlon.

With that being said we make a comfortable amount on you tube. It fluctuates there is high season when companies are pumping ad $$ in the fall and its not that high in the early part of the year when companies start the year on a budget. We have seen some good numbers that keep the channel going and help me do this full time for a living. But lord its not $1,000 per 1 million views. If that was the case no one would be on youtube! hahaha I did watch TT video over his revenue. It was intresting to watch. Lionels is defiantly higher. I dont know if thats because of his name and image or what.

Your feedback and following helps put food on my table so thanks to everyone who watches and supports the channel. I know sometimes videos are boring but we are in a time that we cant really record Lionel ripping big workouts because he is not training full tilt for a race. That means we have to have filler videos like the form one. Which Lionel is actually really passionate about. I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks Talbot! He didn't need it, but you made the image of LS a little better yet again!
Quote Reply

Prev Next