Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lionels Alpe ascend discussion
Quote | Reply
May have missed the thread, but someone summarize how he did overall against the WT cyclists? Seemed his w/kg we’re insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the race last night, much more exciting to watch than those flat stages. He crushed it, I think they were mentioning he was going to set a PB but they had to cut out to the girls race so will have to wait for Lionel's Youtube video to hear about that.
Alistair Brownlee was up at the front with Lionel and Costes before having some sort of technical issue which is too bad, I was really looking forward to that duel!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The commentators mentioned, aside from PRing himself, he might have beaten some of the INEOS riders' times when they did the Alpe. Does anyone know where one might find these times? Congrats Lionel!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly an impressive performance! Doesn't surprise me at all that Lionel destroyed everyone up the Alp, it's the perfect course for him even IRL. We know Lionel can push massive raw watts and has a world tour level W/kg- it's the technical nature of handling a bike and riding in a group which would hinder him on pro bike racing. Take that away and give Lionel a nice steady gradient (excluding the hairpins) with no technicality, and no surprise to see him smash it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [mikeridesbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a.brownlee was leading from the start. but then he had a wifi drop out. we need a rematch! zpro tri series is over so what now???
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [jondavid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could find out which INEOS cats are on Strava, hope they upload the ride, and should be able to see their time on the "Alpe Du Zwift (zwift insider verified) " Strava segment.

Wade Cruser | AP Racing
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [jondavid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jondavid wrote:
The commentators mentioned, aside from PRing himself, he might have beaten some of the INEOS riders' times when they did the Alpe. Does anyone know where one might find these times? Congrats Lionel!

Just watched Lionel's video, his time was 35:02, I think they mentioned his PB in training was 38 minutes during the broadcast? Not sure how that relates to the riders mentioned above.

The guy races all out. I remember Sebi on "Breakfast with Bob" talking about Lionel and he states, "Lionel has the race in the bag with a 3 minute lead and yet when you run past him, he's going all out grunting and huffing instead of shutting it down. Great to watch.

Anyone know how much the prize money was, supposedly there was some prize money up for grabs on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [WadeCruser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way ahead of you , Lionel Sanders beat the shit out of all team Ineos climbing the Alp du zwift , he beat Rohan Dennis by more than a minute , of course LS was hyper motivated and giving it all while maybe for Rohan it was just another training session but even so it was super impressive . I'd love to see Jan Frodeno , Kienle , Lange , brownlee, basically the best triathleteS vs the best WT cyclist up the new Mount Ven top in Zwift it'd awesome !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Alpe ascend discussion [SciTraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean....Wurf beat Froome by 30s

A <1hr race doesn't exactly suit these WT guys. It's being able to put out >6w/kg for a 40' effort at the end of a 3 week tour that they specialize in.

Link: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/...os-zwift-race-454137
Quote Reply