Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USA Cycling nationals cancelled
Quote | Reply
not unexpected, but still disappointing:

This update comes after months of working through numerous plans and options and is written with disappointment, as we are unfortunately forced to announce the cancellation of multiple National Championships for the 2020 season ...
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait until next summer!
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [Tri2win352] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not surprised.

I am surprised we have local to us crits that are winding back up. Limited fields and distanced podiums and such. I can't say I agree with the move despite feeling for competitors and event coordinators. I mean, it's a pack of people huffing and puffing and spitting all over each other for 30min to 45min.

Initially our team took the stance on team rides and other events that we would follow USAC. I guess that went out the window.

Everyone is free to do as they please, but it caught me off guard folks were proceeding given recent surges in our area.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our local crit series was delayed until last week, and then cancelled. Waiting to see if the local MTB series follows suit, although the MTB series is not with USAC.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, had already resigned myself to not being at geezer nats this year. Zwift Kilo nats?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Zwift Kilo nats?

Zwift standing starts are too messed up. On a TT start I feel like I've been at 800W for 5 seconds while my avatar still has his dick in his hands. ARE WE ON THE SAME TEAM DUDE??!
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, too much lag.
In races I'm going at 600-800w 2-3 seconds before the countdown hits 0.

When I do starts on the trainer I've usually already hit peak power before my avatar even starts moving.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Morelock wrote:
Zwift Kilo nats?

Zwift standing starts are too messed up. On a TT start I feel like I've been at 800W for 5 seconds while my avatar still has his dick in his hands. ARE WE ON THE SAME TEAM DUDE??!
What level in Zwift gives you anatomical correctness? And to think I thought the Tron bike was the ultimate level-up.

More seriously, over 5 seconds is bizarrely long lag. If anything, I have the issue of joining the paddock late and being at the back, then being at 500 watts 3 seconds out, only to shoot through the entire field and be like 3rd wheel, frantically trying to slow down but not so much I get shelled as other people come up to speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Morelock wrote:
Zwift Kilo nats?

I don't do kilo, but jumping back into a ride after stopping to move the fan or computer around I've had my avatar sit under 17mph or so for forever despite putting out over 300w.

Whatever. It isn't my fluid trainer and a wall.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
yeah, had already resigned myself to not being at geezer nats this year. Zwift Kilo nats?

Hmm. I never thought you were old enough for Geezer nats, but what do I know.

As of today the Colorado State TT is still on. The town that hosts is pretty much the definition of social distanced. The instructions are to show up and warm up by yourself. Self start (no holder). Cool down afterwards and leave. Almost like Strava with assigned start times. They may also be spacing start times farther apart.

I am still on the fence about doing it and will probably wait to see if infections are taking off here again.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Cycling nationals cancelled [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh, I'm a young geezer :D

Quote Reply