Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mineral Oil Leaking in Dura-Ace ST-R9180 Lever
Quote | Reply
Hello to everyone! This is my first post and topic here, yet I've been surfing this forum for some months now despite being from Spain :-)

I am having issues with a brand new ST-R9180 right lever (rear brake) that I recently purchased to replace my old one, which got scratched due to a crash with the TT bike (Cervélo P5 Disc). I replaced the hydraulic hose as well, to put everything new from the beginning once again.

Nevertheless, I am experiencing some leaking issues, specially right after bleeding the hoses. I mean, the feeling of the lever is tight during the bleeding and purging with the Shimano bleeding block introduced in the caliper; however, during the first ride the lever leaked quite significantly, specially close to the hinge. During the second ride the leaks were significantly reduced, and now it has definitely stopped leaking. I think the braking power has somehow diminished meanwhile, but I am not sure if that is normal with disc brakes (first bike ever with disc brakes). I don't know which is the exact feeling I should have in the right lever. The left one works like a charm, and I also mounted it on my own, so I am suspecting the right lever might have some factory problem.

Any advice/help are welcome! Thanks!
Quote Reply