Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What car is this? [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whenever I see a special-looking car, I'll ask the owner/driver if it's OK if I take one, if they're around; otherwise, I just click away

If it's something I spot driving around while I'm running or riding [AND I can get my phone out quickly enough] I'll click & wave 'Thanks!'

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What car is this? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   I think Smart ended up in a Sunbeam Tiger. I had one of those for a couple years and it was pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: What car is this? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It’s a VW. It’s pretty sweet.

I felt creepy enough taking a picture so I didn’t examine it to see what it was exactly.

Help a brother out.

You should not feel creepy the person driving it, knows its special, and most likely would love to know others find it cool enough to take pics of. It's part of driving a classic, most love to talk about their cars, and see others taking pictures of it.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karmann Ghia. I had a hardtop version back in the day. Floorboard on passenger side rusted through in one area so you could check out the road while driving. Engine was in back and did not have a disposable oil filter. Filter was a wire mesh that you could clean periodically. No hp but manual was fun to drive.
Quote Reply
Re: What car is this? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I think Smart ended up in a Sunbeam Tiger. I had one of those for a couple years and it was pretty cool.

Everything I read since going down that imcdb.org link rabbit-hole says the KG and Opel GT were used only in the opening because of the show's sponsors [VW then Buick], and Smart drove a Sunbeam on the set; Tiger or Alpine is in debate, as it was de-badged

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What car is this? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
License plate lookups seem a lot tougher to do in Ontario than other places. Damn you Canadians and your privacy.

This is what the new lisense plates in Ontario look like at night. Gov't didn't test them out before roll out apperently. You literally cannot read the numbers at night. The police are not too happy. Getting it sorted will take time what with covid and all

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It’s a VW. It’s pretty sweet.

I felt creepy enough taking a picture so I didn’t examine it to see what it was exactly.

Help a brother out.

https://autos.yahoo.com/...TgXuWKffwJ6Qjqnv7E-U

Hopefully the link works ... this popped up on Yahoo Autos today!

drn92
Quote Reply

Prev Next