Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk
Quote | Reply
Anyone using a "Wahoo Kicker Desk" style (or other) for work? Not that I need a standing desk that doubles as a trainer desk, but it looks like it would serve the duties and is super adjustable and yes, I could use it since working from home seems to be the trend...

Might be nice as all I have is a laptop to put on it & will get a 32 in. monitor since my 23 isn't quite enough for all my windows to be open with adequate work space.

Anyone think a dedicated standing desk would be better or is the Wahoo style desk just fine?
Last edited by: Rocky M: Jun 30, 20 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the Wahoo desk but instead the Amazon knock-off. In the right circumstance it would work great as a standing desk. But, I'm not sure it would work so well with a laptop and a monitor, Just a laptop would be fine. The reason being is that it's not very deep so it'd be very cramped with a laptop and large monitor.
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with logella, I've got the wahoo version and a second monitor doesn't fit well. If you're projecting onto a wall mounted monitor itd be fine though. I permanently work from home and have a separate adjustable desk that I've got 2 monitors, plus computer, plus Cisco video phone on that's made by flexispot that I highly recommend.

Can't recommend the wahoo (or similar) desk enough though for conference calls where you won't have to say much/anything. I get roughly 3-4 additional hours a week in noodling around at 50-60% ftp watching PowerPoints.
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I don't have the Wahoo desk but instead the Amazon knock-off. In the right circumstance it would work great as a standing desk. But, I'm not sure it would work so well with a laptop and a monitor, Just a laptop would be fine. The reason being is that it's not very deep so it'd be very cramped with a laptop and large monitor.

I was looking at this photo of the knock-off desk... there are so many wrong things with it I don't even know where to start. đŸ˜‚

Last edited by: gguerini: Jul 1, 20 10:55
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Wahoo desk.

I would not call it "super adjustable" by any measure. Up and down is all you get and the spring loaded buttons that have to be pressed are a pain in the ass to use. It is best to set once and leave it.

It looks nice, is solid, and it is easy to clean. We have the wireless keyboard and mouse for the training room computer on ours so you can make adjustment to the program running while riding. That leaves about enough room for a water bottle and that's it. It probably would not work as a desk, unless you were going to have a small laptop and nothing else on it.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was looking at the photos of the knock-off desk... there are so many wrong things with it I don't even know where to start.

Name one thing wrong with the desk. I've been using it for approaching 2 years now without a single issue. Holds my iPad, phone, water bottles, bluetooth speaker and and various bits and bobs flawlessly and my Wahoo Headwind fits perfectly underneath.

I no longer work (retired now) but when I did it also held a laptop and I was able to take calls and participate in online meetings just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
I was looking at the photos of the knock-off desk... there are so many wrong things with it I don't even know where to start.

Name one thing wrong with the desk. I've been using it for approaching 2 years now without a single issue. Holds my iPad, phone, water bottles, bluetooth speaker and and various bits and bobs flawlessly and my Wahoo Headwind fits perfectly underneath.

I no longer work (retired now) but when I did it also held a laptop and I was able to take calls and participate in online meetings just fine.

I was joking about that specific photo, not the desk.
Quote Reply
Re: Standing computer desk/Wahoo Kicker style trainer desk [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I see it now. Yeah, definitely lots wrong with that pic.
Quote Reply