Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, I need 25s... lower back disc issues

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Plus, that’s where the ghosts are

Trust me on this

So really these people are making sure their ghosts stay fit...

Or for all the people who said "In my next life, I'm gonna ..."

Or those who were told to train a certain way, replied "Yeah, right. In my next life"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, petty much since about two weeks into the shutdown, say 1 April, it has been pretty much impossible to purchase weights locally or online. Does everyone think people will take their fitness serious going forward or will these end up being on Craigslist in the spring?

It has been years since I've set foot in a gym. With a squat rack and bench at home I have everything that I used to use in the gym and it has more than paid for itself over the years.
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
185lbs of kit on the way. Bar, two 45 bumpers, and two 25 bumpers.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

A triathlete who can lift 45s!

Last edited by: trail: Jul 13, 20 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Nice!

What store again? I think I’m in for the next year...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.greymangear.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
325lbs

45lb bar
4x45
4x25

Waiting on the squat rack to ship, might go with a local fabricator.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that this matters in this thread at all, but a guy I knew in Art School had a couple of pairs of manhole covers on his weight bench; he painted one pair bright green and the other pair orange [an Irish thing, I'm guessing] and stenciled "Heavy Metal" on them all

Not sure how he got them, or exactly what they weighed, but it was impressive; visually, at least

Carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I missed the opportunity for a FREE Pilates Reformer the other day by 22 minutes. Crap my bad luck. Two of my buddies got Concept Rowers for a decent price before all this crap happened.

I'd love to get a split AC unit for the garage and a treadmill and add some Zwift and a Wahoo Bike. When we build someday on our land in NC and I escape the living hell that is known as FL, the garage may very well be bigger than the house. Not for cars but for the pan cave and adventure gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
325lbs

45lb bar
4x45
4x25

Waiting on the squat rack to ship, might go with a local fabricator.

you're local to NC right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, didn't see that question. Nope. In Tempe, this Summer has been hellish. I think if I was local to NC I'd have hit that beach already!

My squat rack has shipped from ROGUE. So from order to ship date it was 19 days. It's being shipped via UPS Freight, so I'm guessing it won't get here until Friday and I'll be building it on Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rogue SML3 now set up in my garage. Let's go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Rogue SML3 now set up in my garage. Let's go.

Meh, I do all my weights from the floor, bro. This limits my back squat to my clean and jerk weight. But my clean weight has gone way up.
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I've been doing the last two months but haven't increased weight...finding 5s and 10s has proved as difficult as the 25s and 45s I was able to get.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think rogue makes the best racks and the one I got came in three weeks and is impressive quality.
I found bumper plates at fringe, and I think they’re pretty good. I compulsively found some rogue bumpers on Craigslist a bit later, but they’re not much better than the fringe ones. Fringe has waitlists but they seem to do what they say and I got what they promised.
This as someone who stalked all the weights sites for months.
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
So, petty much since about two weeks into the shutdown, say 1 April, it has been pretty much impossible to purchase weights locally or online. Does everyone think people will take their fitness serious going forward or will these end up being on Craigslist in the spring?

I don’t think it has anything to do with new people taking fitness seriously. It’s all the people who have been taking fitness seriously can’t go to their gym anymore they wanted their stuff at home.

Our workout stuff was already at home so we didn’t have to go buy new stuff.

This is me. I still can’t buy stuff

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Will squat racks in your garage become your bikes in the attic? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought stuff on Amazon and the wrong things showed up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing I really want right now are adjustable dumbbells but damn they’re expensive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next