Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come?
Quote | Reply
Just as the title states. We've had 2x12 mechanical from Campagnolo for quite a while now and 1x12 electronic from SRAM for a while as well. What's the hold up on 1x12 mechanical?
Quote Reply
Re: 1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm got it right now on my mountain bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just as the title states. We've had 2x12 mechanical from Campagnolo for quite a while now and 1x12 electronic from SRAM for a while as well. What's the hold up on 1x12 mechanical?

this right in SRAM's wheelhouse. it remains a mystery to me why SRAM hasn't developed this yet for road/gravel. SRAM is missing only a road brifter, and i'm awaiting precisely this.

having said that, for you, sell a stock, bro, and buy AXS electronic for your gravel bike ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rotor has 1x12 , hydro not electric or cable mechanical
Quote Reply
Re: 1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Di2 on my Speed Concept and I've also owned the first gen SRAM eTap 2x11. Both work(ed) great but I've got to say that it's just a hassle for me to always charge the batteries. I have mechanical Eagle 1x12 on my mtb. Works great and never needs to be charged :) I think my preferences for certain things has changed as my stable of bikes has grown. I *can* ride if my power meter and Garmin aren't charged. I can't ride if my derailleur's battery isn't charged and, increasingly, my rides aren't planned and when I want to ride I just want to grab a bike and go for a ride. Horses for courses.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
Rotor has 1x12 , hydro not electric or cable mechanical

I've eyed that group. Pricey and not well reviewed at this time. Lack of feedback at the shifter doesn't seem appealing though I do appreciate that a hydro group would be even less maintenance than a mechanical group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I have Di2 on my Speed Concept and I've also owned the first gen SRAM eTap 2x11. Both work(ed) great but I've got to say that it's just a hassle for me to always charge the batteries. I have mechanical Eagle 1x12 on my mtb. Works great and never needs to be charged :) I think my preferences for certain things has changed as my stable of bikes has grown. I *can* ride if my power meter and Garmin aren't charged. I can't ride if my derailleur's battery isn't charged and, increasingly, my rides aren't planned and when I want to ride I just want to grab a bike and go for a ride. Horses for courses.

i hear you. but i'm pretty well in the habit of charging, because i've got head units and rear lights (a varia in my case). so, this isn't really an issue for me. beyond that, i simply carry an extra battery with me. $55. just to be double darned sure.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya I like Rotor cranks but not digging the hydro shift stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they could have just put a ratcheting mechanism into the shifter to provide some audible and tactile feedback?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we get a 3x12? I want that!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x12 Speed Mechanical: When Will It Come? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this on my Stages SB20
Not tried it yet

Quote Reply