Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
“When something like that comes up, we look at those cases, but I don’t know that that necessarily makes it a priority to jump in front of the line,” Parson said during a Monday news conference. “We understand some cases are going to draw more attention through the media than others, but we’re just going to look at those things.”

“Those things” being on a scale of 1 to 10, how much does this benefit me?

Why the fuck is there even “a line” in instances like this? Your own prosecutors are telling you he didn’t do it. Explain to me like I’m in kindergarten why there is a line for innocent people.

"Justice" in this wonderful country is highly, highly, ... uh ... "selective." And highly, highly, based on skin color. Because, of course, the innocent man who has spent 30 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit, is of course, black.

But Ken and Karen, the idiot gun nuts? White, of course ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Aug 3, 21 20:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
“When something like that comes up, we look at those cases, but I don’t know that that necessarily makes it a priority to jump in front of the line,” Parson said during a Monday news conference. “We understand some cases are going to draw more attention through the media than others, but we’re just going to look at those things.”

Why the fuck is there even “a line” in instances like this? Your own prosecutors are telling you he didn’t do it. Explain to me like I’m in kindergarten why there is a line for innocent people.

Kevin Strickland has not taken responsibility for his crimes, but the McCloskeys' have plead guilty. Why should Strickland be pardoned if he can't even admit to his crime like the McCloskeys'?

This whole thing is just rotten. Strickland's first trial was a hung jury. So the prosecutor in the second case struck every single black juror for the case to ensure he was convicted, even though the two people that committed the crime were very vocal that Strickland did not do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

It’s Missouri. Mike Parsons is a gigantic piece of shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
It’s Missouri. Mike Parsons is a gigantic piece of shit.

Makes me feel bad for the "real" Mike Parsons, having the same name & all

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

"Justice" in this wonderful country is highly, highly, ... uh ... "selective." And highly, highly, based on skin color. Because, of course, the innocent man who has spent 30 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit, is of course, black.

But Ken and Karen, the idiot gun nuts? White, of course ...

It is indefensible. That's why you will find few people who actually try to defend it. They just put their heads down and look away, hoping it will just blow over.

White America has treated Black Americans like crap under the guise that they are somehow deserving of it. Fact is, this treatment says a lot more about White America than it ever has about Black Americans.
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More on this, uh, beautiful topic:

https://www.vice.com/...ckland-lamar-johnson

"It is beyond disgusting that Mark and Patricia McCloskey admitted they broke the law and within weeks are rewarded with pardons, yet men like Kevin Strickland, who has spent more than 40 years in prison for crimes even prosecutors now say he didn’t commit, remain behind bars with no hope of clemency,” said the Missouri State House Minority Leader."

40 f*cking years.

'Liberty and Justice For All', my ass ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
More on this, uh, beautiful topic:

https://www.vice.com/...ckland-lamar-johnson

"It is beyond disgusting that Mark and Patricia McCloskey admitted they broke the law and within weeks are rewarded with pardons, yet men like Kevin Strickland, who has spent more than 40 years in prison for crimes even prosecutors now say he didn’t commit, remain behind bars with no hope of clemency,” said the Missouri State House Minority Leader."

40 f*cking years.

'Liberty and Justice For All', my ass ...

Just the nerve of the fucking governor. Strickland was a national story and he was asked about it, saying it was “not a priority.” Then pardons these assholes. That had to be on purpose. This is not some fluke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course he did.

https://www.wsj.com/...58?mod=djemwhatsnews

Missouri Governor Pardons Gun-Waving St. Louis Couple

O’FALLON, Mo.— Missouri Gov. Mike Parson announced Tuesday that he made good on his promise to pardon a couple who gained notoriety for pointing guns at social justice demonstrators as they marched past the couple’s home in a luxury St. Louis enclave last year.

Mr. Parson, a Republican, on Friday pardoned Mark McCloskey, who pleaded guilty in June to misdemeanor fourth-degree assault and was fined $750, and Patricia McCloskey, who pleaded guilty to misdemeanor harassment and was fined $2,000.

“Mark McCloskey has publicly stated that if he were involved in the same situation, he would have the exact same conduct,” the McCloskeys’ lawyer Joel Schwartz said Tuesday. “He believes that the pardon vindicates that conduct.”

Mark McCloskey, who announced in May that he was running for a U.S. Senate seat in Missouri, was unapologetic after the plea hearing.

“I’d do it again,” he said from the courthouse steps in downtown St. Louis. “Any time the mob approaches me, I’ll do what I can to put them in imminent threat of physical injury because that’s what kept them from destroying my house and my family.” He echoed those comments in a statement issued Tuesday by his campaign and added: “Today we are incredibly thankful that Gov. Mike Parson righted this wrong and granted us pardons.”

Because the charges were misdemeanors, the McCloskeys didn’t face the possibility of losing their law licenses or their rights to own firearms.

Mr. Parson’s legal team has been working through a backlog of clemency requests for months.

He hasn’t yet taken action on longtime inmate Kevin Strickland, who several prosecutors now say is innocent of a 1978 Kansas City triple homicide. Parson could pardon Strickland, but he has said he’s not convinced he is innocent.

Missouri’s Democratic leader contrasted Mr. Parson’s treatment of Mr. Strickland’s case with the McCloskeys in bitter denunciations of the governor’s action.

“It is beyond disgusting that Mark and Patricia McCloskey admitted they broke the law and within weeks are rewarded with pardons, yet men like Kevin Strickland, who has spent more than 40 years in prison for crimes even prosecutors now say he didn’t commit, remain behind bars with no hope of clemency,” Missouri House Democratic Minority Leader Crystal Quade said in a statement.

Democratic state Rep. LaKeySha Bosley said, “The governor’s stunt ominously underscores that under his watch, justice belongs only to the privileged elite in this state.”

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Parson could pardon Strickland, but he has said he’s not convinced he is innocent.

I guess he's the only one, then [including the prosecutors]

Unfortunately, he's the only one that matters

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parsons is only the governor because the previous guy (Greitens) was possibly an even bigger piece of shit and was forced to resign from office for some Cuomo level behaviors.

Parsons was a one time rural Missouri sheriff. Rural Missouri sheriff’s frequently match the stereotype to remarkable degree. Think Buford t. justice or Roscoe P. Coltrane, but evil, instead of funny.

Is it really any surprise then that he allows an innocent black man to languish in prison while making it a “priority “ to pardon a couple of twats that aren’t even in custody?
Quote Reply
Re: Couple "aims" guns at protesters [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next