Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 29 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
What are you doing for the 4th (if American and celebrating it)?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my goals were healthy coping and ride more.

Healthy coping: 5/7 again, but newly motivated to beat the bad voices in my head
Ride more: well, I rode on 2 days, and last week I only rode once...

On Sunday I raced a sprint. I won my AG at the sprint and was 3rd FOV. Small field and a women's-only race (40 people between the sprint and the mini). It was so fun to get to race. I'm really grateful for that opportunity.

totals
swim 5x (6000 yds)
bike 2x (28.6 mi)
run 7x (50.7 mi)

this week's goal is to get in a bunch of bike miles - I am flying to Maine on Saturday (as long as my COVID test tomorrow comes back negative) and I have better riding here (in terms of the fact that it's car-free). Oh, and keep up the healthy coping ;-)

My plans for the 4th are run, ride, travel

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to the pool and went back for 30 minutes to check out the gym and see what they are doing and how crowded it was (not too bad).

June was a big pfffft - I think I hit about day 75 of shelter in place and fell into a funk. Getting back to the pool and the gym helps.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally back in the pool here in Carlsbad, CA.
2 Masters Workouts last week, swam one lane apart from a former lane-mate, so we could do the workout together. We had a blast but 45 minutes was enough! It's wonderful to see my swim friends, from a distance.
Flew back east to start sorting out my mom's home, and got to swim there. It was a short backyard pool, but we used the Power Tower ... new experience, did help my swimming but took some getting used to. Perhaps could be called the Torture Tower here on in.
Back in Carlsbad today, Masters Swimming in the sunshine. Along with the smell of an indoor ice rink, the smell of a chlorinated pool makes me happy!

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 29 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen Power Towers but never had an opportunity to try one. Super cool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a do-nothing week. I went a full 5 days in a row with no workouts, the first time I've taken 5 full days off in a row in nearly a year. I don't know that I'm really in a funk, but my body has been revolting with pulled muscles, niggles, and crankiness. I've lost 18 pounds since COVID started (which was March 15th for me), so I think my body is needing some key nutrient in order to maintain the weight loss and the 5-10 hours of exercise I log each week. I probably need protein.

I did my normal 3.3 mile run 2 weeks ago and pulled my right calf muscle. My attempt to run last week on Monday was met with a still-cranky calf, so I aborted. I tried to run again this last Monday and aborted again because of a cranky calf. I'm not going to run in July. I have a backpacking trek planned July 14 and need happy legs.

I did one swim last week and there was an active shark sighting while we were in the water (we were about 3/4 miles from shore and about 100 yards away from the shark). The lifeguards were following the shark on their SUPs. We've had warm water lately (60F) and the sharks seem to come around when it is warm. So, we let sharky have his space. I was back at it this week (in water that is still 60F).

Over the weekend I fixed my bestie's (15 year-old WalMart) bike for her, changing the tires and tubes, lubing it up, and getting the shifters back in working order. We also installed a big, fat, wide gel seat. She is so excited. We rode 5.5 miles together on flat country road by her house. It was fun to see the joy of my friend as we peddled at 30 watts, averaging 8 miles per hour for 35 minutes. She had noodle-legs and a sore ass, but she is sworn to keep at it. I even "fitted" her on the bike. I'm passing along my exceptionally old and cheap resistance trainer to her so she can peddle while watching The Bachelor in her air conditioned home mid-summer.

My plan for the 4th of July is to avoid it. I live near the beach and am accustomed to having it to myself, so the crowds turn me off. I'll probably sit at home and wave my miniature flag while giving my kitty a belly rub. It will be perfect for me.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been at home recently, but I am always inactive. How do you keep exercising at home?

https://www.nihaojewelry.com/hair-accessories
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up taking a couple days totally off last week, because I just hit a point with some pressing deadlines with work, work frustration, and delayed disappointment/frustration at no racing this year, and I just needed a break. Thankfully, the couple of days seems to have done wonders for my mindset, and I got all the work stuff done with minimal cursing. :-)

This week I'm plugging along, and really trying to keep joy and happiness in the forefront of my mind with training. Yes, no racing is a bummer, but I have a couple virtual events, and I think I'm going to end up doing my own triathlons around my house. Will it be the same? Nope. Is it better than nothing? Yup.

This week:
Mon: 1:15 ride with power intervals
Tues: 50' run with Z4 intervals
Wed: 30' swim, 30' ride. I used the ride to play around with my new tri bike that I haven't ridden at all yet.
Thurs: 1:05' run with tempo intervals
Fri: 1:30 ride
Sat: 60' hill repeat run

Plus strength and PT worked in every day.

Summer officially showed up here. We're in the 90+ temp range for the next couple weeks. GAG.
Quote Reply