Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months?
Quote | Reply
Anyone had this experience? Bought it in Feb 2020, used it for maybe 200 hours... had to reset it 2x and now it seems to be fried. Ugh.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve gone through three in two years, last one came dead on arrival. I’ve given up on HR straps, sticking to my Garmin watch - not as accurate but at least it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks that you have had this experience.

I have been using a Polar H10 since March and zero issues with it; absolutely love it for its accuracy, comfort and the fact that I can use if for HRV tracking which has been so helpful in managing training and recovery. At first I thought it chewed through batteries; the first lasted a month and a replacement battery I installed was the same. But I think the battery was just stale as the 3rd one has gone a lot longer; Polar claims 400 hours and that sounds about right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your H9, it is under warranty, use the link below to start the process. Polar has people in the office to resolve this.
https://service.polar.com/...sf/Starting?openForm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought my H9 was broken as I couldn't get it to sync. Then I found that I had to remove the pairing from my watch, and it would re sync and pair providing I was wearing it around my chest.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months? [wjoiner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wjoiner wrote:
I’ve gone through three in two years, last one came dead on arrival. I’ve given up on HR straps, sticking to my Garmin watch - not as accurate but at least it works.

Order a Magene hrm via AliExpress. You probably can have 5 for the price of one Polar hrm. Great hrm and great strap.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a battery go out fast because I wasn't unsnapping it from the strap between uses. D'oh!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months? [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except that Polar wants $7.50 to have it shipped back from me. So after shipping it to Polar and back from Polar I am out $15 - and that's for a $60 product.

Quote Reply
Re: Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months? [wjoiner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wjoiner wrote:

Go Scosche Rhythm+, seriously. Put it on your forearm in the fattest portion, fairly tight.

Mine is now pushing years of extensive use and it's as good as the first day I got it.

I've killed pretty much every other chest strap within 6-8 months, at least 7 of 'em, Polar, Garmin both hard, soft.

The Garmin built in optical HRM on my newish Garmin 945 is horrible for anything active (SBR) compared to the outstanding performance on Scosche.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H9 HR monitor - dead after 4 months? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using this $30 strap for a month - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BS6B4PD ... So far so good.
Hilariously, Polar repaired my strap and sent it back to me.... it lived for 2 rides and then started randomly cutting out again. Never buying their crap again,

Quote Reply