Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2020 TdF Zwift Edition
Quote | Reply
A number of sources have suggested that there will be a TdF of sorts conducted by Zwift on the weekends of the originally scheduled TdF. This seems to be supported by the Zwift community discussing new France-based courses. OK. BUT...I can find any evidence of this event on the TdF website or the Zwift website or the UCI website. So, is this BS, or is there a way to watch the Zwift TdF in July? I know that the 'live ' TdF is rescheduled for Aug-Sep 2020 - I'm not discussing that here, but an interested in the Zwift/virtual version reportedly happening in July. Is there a definitive story / link / way to watch / schedule?
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 TdF Zwift Edition [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.cyclingnews.com/...-zwift-set-for-july/

From what I've heard and read, expect an announcement this week from Zwift and ASO. Looks like it'll be broadcast on TV through usual TdF sources.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is real and happening. Look at any TV schedule for the upcoming week and you'll see it starts on Saturday. Being shown on Eurosport here in the UK, Stages 1 and 2 at the weekend have a 2 hour programme each.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 TdF Zwift Edition [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The next question is....would you watch it?

Personally after having tried to watch some of the Zwift races that have been happening over the last 3 months my answer is no. I just don't find it appealing at all.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 TdF Zwift Edition [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNewbieZA wrote:
The next question is....would you watch it?

Personally after having tried to watch some of the Zwift races that have been happening over the last 3 months my answer is no. I just don't find it appealing at all.

Personally yes... I have really enjoyed the Zwift racing! Mostly because it's something I can directly relate to.
Last edited by: Polo_1272: Jun 29, 20 2:43
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 TdF Zwift Edition [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that I was looking for an confirmed announcement and/or a definitive schedule and ways to watch - maybe we'll find out later this week. I appreciate the link but there are a few of these that are all speculation and 'reportedly' and 'it is said that'. As @Polo_1272 says below, I'll search the TV schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: 2020 TdF Zwift Edition [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'd give it a go. I didn't watch the Zwift racing shown previously, so this would be my 1st taste. It might be interesting, might not be, but I guess that I'm willing to try it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's now officially official

https://zwiftinsider.com/vtdf/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems interesting. From a quick read... Each stage is an hour long - hammering from the start? - will look like a sprint race? Women and men racing - wonderful! They are still laying the tracks in front of the train - the detailed course for 11-12/7 is still not certain. No post race scrutineering for health or equipment - bring on your 'enhancements', I guess... I'm looking forward to Stage 1 in a weird - how is this going to look? - sort of way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCRainmaker now has a post up with some additional information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can we expect the usual "Tour Tech and Trends" articles this year to focus on rocker plates, stands/tables, and fans?

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply