Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the Adidas app and sign up for the lottery release on June 30. You select your size, enter your cc info. and then you'll be notified if you've "won" the right to purchase a pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
I like the look of this shoe too.

Competition is awesome. And a crack in Nike's %-armour is opening in some of the data and anecdotal stories of increased injury in the shoes.

Excited to see how these shoes work.

I've only seen anecdotes, especially on ST & LR. I would love to see the data that you are referencing, please quote/link

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess Carbon Infused Rods <> Carbon Plates? technically? and thus they are allowed to have more than two Carbon "pieces" within the shoe? I can't imagine they created this without consulting IAAF so I assume it is OK, I just am unclear whether this goes against the 'spirit' of the rule.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:

I remember back in maybe 2000-2002, Adidas put a 3/4-length ( from what I recall) carbon plate in one of their tempo/race shoes and it never really panned out. I suppose they were ahead of the game back then. I got a pair of those and felt like my foot was about to break, remember taking them off mid-workout the first time I wore them on a run.

Except Haile Gebrselassie set the marathon world record wearing some.

Then the engineer who designed the carbon plate (Pro Plate) for adidas, was hired by Nike and helped design the Vaporfly.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
Get the Adidas app and sign up for the lottery release on June 30. You select your size, enter your cc info. and then you'll be notified if you've "won" the right to purchase a pair.

Wouldn't you need a Gambling License for that? Sounds like the old style Kona lottery.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
AKCrafty wrote:

Wouldn't you need a Gambling License for that? Sounds like the old style Kona lottery.

No clue. I wonder if it's different because you actually pay no money unless your name is drawn? I do like the idea better than a release at x:xx o'clock and the mad dash to purchase, but I'm in PDT and not really a morning person! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phoenixR34 wrote:
Zissou wrote:

I remember back in maybe 2000-2002, Adidas put a 3/4-length ( from what I recall) carbon plate in one of their tempo/race shoes and it never really panned out. I suppose they were ahead of the game back then. I got a pair of those and felt like my foot was about to break, remember taking them off mid-workout the first time I wore them on a run.

Except Haile Gebrselassie set the marathon world record wearing some.

Then the engineer who designed the carbon plate (Pro Plate) for adidas, was hired by Nike and helped design the Vaporfly.

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing that-- did not know the history there. I had a history of metatarsal stress fx's, so was very careful about my shoes back then and they just didn't work for me. But I was intrigued at the time since it was definitely very cutting-edge.

So, I stand corrected- maybe it did pan out, just not for Adidas! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next