Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maine 70.3 Cancelled
Quote | Reply
I guess no surprises anymore.
Interesting to see if any of the Fall races like FL actually happen. I'd say doubtful, and still think no guarantee there will be a race season in '21 either.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given the clusterfuck that Florida is right now, I wouldn't expect anything until next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No races in 2021, lol
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traphaus wrote:
No races in 2021, lol

That's my honest bet. A lot of folks seem to think covid is just gonna magically be over for next race season. That ain't happening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this race. I did it twice in the past two years and was planning on doing it again this year.. but for some reason, I kept procrastinating and never signed up. Sad news. The only race I'm signed up for is Patriot Half. It was supposed to happen in June but got postponed to September. I highly doubt it Patriot Half is going to happen in 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Maine when it was a Rev3 race and really enjoyed as well. I plan to do it in 2021 if it happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
Given the clusterfuck that Florida is right now, I wouldn't expect anything until next year.

This. There’s zero percent fucking chance any of the FL, TX, CA, or AZ races take place. ZERO.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Interesting to see if any of the Fall races like FL actually happen. I'd say doubtful, and still think no guarantee there will be a race season in '21 either.

It looks like Muncie is hellbent on going ahead, and Indiana isn't having a resurgence in cases, although I wouldn't call them "good" either, they just aren't accelerating. There's a chance that some of the Midwest races may happen, however ill-advised that may be.

The problem is that they can't really shut down state borders in the US to the extent that we can in Canada. I was looking at our cases today https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/ and it looks like most places are under control, with very low to zero daily numbers, except Ontario

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

It looks like Muncie is hellbent on going ahead, and Indiana isn't having a resurgence in cases, although I wouldn't call them "good" either, they just aren't accelerating. There's a chance that some of the Midwest races may happen, however ill-advised that may be.

The problem is that they can't really shut down state borders in the US to the extent that we can in Canada. I was looking at our cases today https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/ and it looks like most places are under control, with very low to zero daily numbers, except Ontario

I've been scouring for insight into this. I am scheduled to race, but I really can't imagine a season where Muncie goes off as the only race until 2021...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Yeah, but Lubbock was hellbent on going ahead too, 'cause thats how Texas rolls'....lol.

None of these races are happening, I'll bet you a pair of swedes. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Yeah, but Lubbock was hellbent on going ahead too, 'cause thats how Texas rolls'....lol.

I need a mirrored pair. You're on...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. What makes 2021 any different? New year, new season? A vaccine? I can see racing taking place in Australia, New Zealand, even Europe next season but not here. New Zealand had spectators at a rugby match! US racers will not being allowed to travel abroad to race unless they are willing to quarantine for the prescribed duration.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
US racers will not being allowed to travel abroad to race unless they are willing to quarantine for the prescribed duration.

That's un-American. Don't tell me what I can't do.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Exactly. What makes 2021 any different? New year, new season? A vaccine? I can see racing taking place in Australia, New Zealand, even Europe next season but not here. New Zealand had spectators at a rugby match! US racers will not being allowed to travel abroad to race unless they are willing to quarantine for the prescribed duration.

I won't rule out 2021 yet, given how much can happen in 6-9 months, but at the current rate the US is going we might be SOL in 2021 as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/

We are basically flat in positive test rate, hovering around 4%. I don't think anyone can tell you for sure what will happen in the next 2 weeks. I can tell you in general most people I see wear masks. I think we are taking it seriously but still trying to function. My hospital has very few cases and state wide our admissions are falling. I give Muncie a very good shot at happening. In Indiana we need to head into phase 5 (currently we are in 4) of back on track Indiana. That is scheduled for July 3rd. So, you should have at least a week notice either way.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Traphaus wrote:
No races in 2021, lol

That's my honest bet. A lot of folks seem to think covid is just gonna magically be over for next race season. That ain't happening.

It’s too bad they quit working on a vaccine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Looks like I owe you a pair of Swedes. Pretty sure I have a spare unassembled pair lying around.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Traphaus wrote:
No races in 2021, lol

Americans will stop caring about covid long before 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: Maine 70.3 Cancelled [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No races in 2021 lmgdmfao I forgot all about this lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Looks like I owe you a pair of Swedes. Pretty sure I have a spare unassembled pair lying around.

Lol, sweet, I'll get them at long lake sometime. :)
Quote Reply