Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
...will it be because:

A. He withdraws/quits because he’s so far behind in the polls
B. The GOP forces him out due to his incompetence/corruption .

Do we have time to impeach him again, on whatever has happened since we impeached him the first time?

I don't think there's anything that says a President can only be impeached once, and since it would be for a different set of charges, it wouldn't be like being tried for the same crime twice

OR ... are they [whomever 'they' may be] saving up the more recent crimes against humanity and the Constitution for some civil or criminal trail down the road?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a not so implausible prediction:

If he's reelected, he'll be impeached again, but with more bipartisan support. If there's one thing we've learned it's that he's only emboldened by a consequence-free reign of unchecked power. He'll abuse it at every whim. And there has to be a point at which people say no more to those abuses.

But at the same time, he won't have reelection driving him to do impeachable things that he otherwise couldn't resist doing, so his offenses may be less egregious. But they will always be self serving, and that may prove to be his undoing. Emoluments violations, egregious self enrichment, perhaps that part of the Constitution will start to matter again to the party of Law and Order.

If there's anyone who could get themselves legitimately impeached twice, it's Donald Trump.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A highly likely scenario is that as election day nears, and he's facing an uphill battle, and the prospect of legal peril that only exists if he's no longer President, he may get desperate and generate those impeachable offenses before the start of a second term. Either way, I don't see this Christmas being so merry for him.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if trump loses, Trump will pardon himself and everything associated with his office.

the democrats will not prosecute and say we need to heal the country and bring people together. WE HAVE SEEN THIS PLAY OUT.
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
...will it be because:

A. He withdraws/quits because he’s so far behind in the polls
B. The GOP forces him out due to his incompetence/corruption
C. He withdraws due to a physical medical issue
D. He withdraws due to a mental medical issue?

It could be a combination of the above, so pick all answers that you think will apply.

My bet:
A, dressed up as C.
Or C: he gets COVID and is too sick/dead to run.

I’m calling it (again). Trump won’t be the GOP candidate in November.

E. He will - in theory - withdraw, saying he can’t win with a rigged election and a rigged media against him.

In reality it will be A/B: he will be losing badly in the polls, and may also be feeling heavy pressure to withdraw from the GOP (especially if his endorsements of GOP candidates in primaries becomes toxic for them). COVID deaths will be well over 200k, the economy will be in shambles and the country will have been rarely more divided. He has shown again and again he is no leader. We need a real leader, and more people are (finally) realizing this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Carville agrees with me.

https://www.mediaite.com/...ll-will-turn-on-him/

I’m telling you...sell Trump as the GOP nominee, now at 91. Risk max downside of 9 units, and up to 91 units of upside. That’s like getting 9 to 1 odds Trump won’t be the nominee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take this with a grain of salt as I read it on twitter. People close to Mitch McConnell say that he’s saying that Trump has until labour day to turn it around or they will ditch him. (I don’t know exactly what that means).

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Take this with a grain of salt as I read it on twitter. People close to Mitch McConnell say that he’s saying that Trump has until labour day to turn it around or they will ditch him. (I don’t know exactly what that means).

For who? Pence? Someone else? Besides, Coward Twumpy would go on a scorched earth rampage against the repubs if that happened.

But it would be damn entertaining to watch if it did.
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Trump will be the nominee. The GOP will down with the ship.
Quote Reply
Re: If Trump is not the GOP candidate in November... [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Trump will be the nominee. The GOP will down with the ship.

I still agree with this.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next