Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies. Long time, no talk-to. I've been over in the big boy forum posting swims for the most part.

Not too much exciting to post on. Swimming in the ocean 3-4 times per week, running 2-3 times per week (3.3 miles each run - going easy to avoid a plantar fasciitis flare-up). Occasional Zwift session. I'm work-from-home until the end of the year, which is kind of nice with regards to integrating workouts into the day. My job has complete flexibility, so it isn't that much of a change, honestly... The hard part is just staying focused long enough to actually get my job done!

Cheers!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After having a 10 day or so funk, I actually went back to the pool last week. They have very strict procedures that you have to follow to come into the building and they limit the number of people who can swim at one time. I think I was more nervous about just going and once I got there and got in the pool it was OK.

The masters team I swim with has started back a couple weeks ago but the times are super limited and they limit the number of people for each session and all of the sign-up spots go pretty much immediately once the email comes out. And I have no interest in swimming at 5 AM or 6 AM. Are used to swim at the noon session but that is not yet available. Plus, there’s really no on deck coaching. You have to print out the work out and bring it with you. In the entry procedures for the teams is even more strict than for lap swim (due to the huge kids program most likely). Since I belong to the sportsplex, I can go to open swim and swim on my own. The gym has also opened but I’m not yet ready to go back to that.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 22 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ICLM: Glad you made it back to the pool! I took like 3 weeks off in April, when all this stuff was happening and I was in the middle of the semester. We all gotta do what we gotta do.

I'm a day late. My summer schedule is starting to get a little full, between sorting out NEXT semester, gardening, training, and THE JOB THAT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING BUT SOMEHOW NEVER GET TO. Admittedly, gardening and training went higher on this list, but that's just what happens when you're stuck at home in the summer. I ain't sorry.

All that said, my training is going all right. i'm still struggling to run in the heat and it's flippin hot around here. But I made some progress this week. One saving grace is that my goals are mostly bike-related at the moment, so I don't have to feel terrible when my long run falls apart, I can still just feel like I'm making a little progress. Also, pools and our weekly open water swim will be opening soon, and I'm all ready for it! Got my flippers out! Getting my wetsuit on!

Training this week:
M: Long ride (DONE, in 95 degrees, which is a ridiculous temperature here)
T: Long run plus leg strength
W: Intervals on bike
Th: Bike hill reps plus brick run
F: Run plus leg strength
Sa: REST
Su: Swim strength

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my goals were healthy coping (5/7) and ride more. We had thunderstorms and a lot of rain on Sunday, so I didn't do my second ride.

I heard Dr. Cupcake quoted on NPR last Tuesday in relation to her academic work! That was super cool.

1 ride 34 mi
5 swims (12685 yds ... I'm in a meter pool right now but the training log I set up in yards)
6 runs (37.8 mi)
+ one 70 minute stairmaster session
+ some strength on 3 days

goals this week are same as last!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jun 24, 20 9:18
Quote Reply