Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Six Weeks!
Quote | Reply
I have been anxiously monitoring the Ironman race cancellations and have noticed that most people are getting about six weeks notice before their events to learn of cancellations or postponements. This brings me to a question about what to do with my hard-earned fitness. Do I go into maintenance mode or look for another event? With COVID-19 it is a bit of a crapshoot. Canada has not messed around at all with this virus but it seems like many of the race directors are still holding out hope that their races won't be canceled. It looks like Ironman Lubbock 70.3 and Ironman 70.3 are going to happen (at least based on my internet research today).

But I digress. I am signed up for a November Ironman and am wondering, if I get that six week notice that the race is canceled then what do I do? I have always wanted to try a 50 mile ultra distance trail run and am wondering if those races are also being canceled or rescheduled? Is six weeks enough time to convert ironman fitness into a one of those ultas? And would they be sold out if I even tried to sign up?

Or should I just march forward and do the race virtually?

Sorry for the ranting of an old fart. Hopefully I won't get trolled too much.

James S Proctor
Quote Reply