Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors?
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy a new tri bike, and I like the Cervélo P Series, but... as a lifelong Trek buyer I’m wondering if there might be any interesting updates to the SC for 2021.

Updates beyond just disc brakes. Love the disc brakes on my Fuel EX 8 but I couldn’t care less about rim vs disc on a tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors? [monopolists] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s also tyre clearance with a lot of new bikes.

I’m looking to buy but holding out until Trek, Giant and Canyon launch their new models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure Trek is working on something and I have been told by a few dealers that something was coming in August. I wasn't sure if COVID would push back a release but the new Emonda was just released so there's that.

Some things I would like to see on a new SC:

- Get rid of BB90 (T47)
- Pad Y adjustability like Cervelo
- Ability to run wider tires
- Have the existing plug in mono-extension (or something similar) come stock on the bike so any extensions can be used
- Disc brakes (I'm in different on this one but I know it's coming)

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it really seems like typically we dont know ANYTHING till the new bike drops.

i personally just KNEW that last year we were going to see all the pros riding speedmax discs and nope... nadda. maybe in february?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I'm sure Trek is working on something and I have been told by a few dealers that something was coming in August. ....

People were saying the exact same thing last year, people 'in the know' had supposedly said new trek SC at the grand tours.....and then nothing. There's been no indication that they are developing anything new.
Quote Reply
Re: Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One one thread in the past someone mentioned that trek was working on a new SC at some point but found they couldn’t get it faster than the current model. Could be complete hearsay.

I do wonder how much ‘motivation’ Trek and other manufacturers have at putting $$ into developing new tri bikes. The market isn’t growing and I imagine they are selling tons more road, gravel, mountain, and ebikes than they are TT/bikes. From a financial standpoint it makes sense to put more R&D in those markets.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something really special is coming around sept. And I mean really special. Can’t say anything else then to wait. Its gonna be spectaculair.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn Jeroen! I JUST got home from buying a Cervélo P Series bike and saw your reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the pace of change on TT bikes will slow as triathlon’s popularity has waned and engineering and production resources are shifted to hotter markets like gravel, fondo, MTB, and whatever comes out of the Covid bike boom?

We may be at a TT bike plateau. If It is a cosmetic change or something that aligns with trends and cost saving it may happen but not driven by making a faster bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Any 2021 Tri Bike Rumors? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
I do wonder how much ‘motivation’ Trek and other manufacturers have at putting $$ into developing new tri bikes.

There are only a very small handful of brands that sell enough units to justify developing new tri bikes. That's why there are a number of high end bikes that have to be made to meet team obligations but no trickle down version - hitting pricepoints is all about units and the strength of the distribution network.

I know of an interesting bike that was intended to be launched soon, don't know if the timeline has changed.
Quote Reply