Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1 Up USA Bike Rack theft
Quote | Reply
Went out to put my bike on my 1 Up USA rack this morning and it was gone.
This is not a b*tch fest, just a fyi. They used to have a theft free replacement due to “special” tool needed. Due to high theft, they had to stop honoring.
They advise using additional means for securing.
Still a great product, I ordered another one, will use additional locking means with new one.
Hopes this helps some folks!
Quote Reply
Re: 1 Up USA Bike Rack theft [Kenny Hines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit man, that sucks, I hate thieves... thanks for the heads up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks. I agree they are great racks and I have two of them that I use their locking pin that block access to the retention bolt. Butfrankly I don’t always take the time to install if I am putting my rack on and taking back off after riding. The “ball bearing” wedge has always bugged me as the primary means of keeping the rack stable and not pulling out of the hitch. I wish they allowed for a traditional pin to be inserted through both the hitch and rack, which would allow you to use a locking pin that is commonly used for trailer towing inserts.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 Up USA Bike Rack theft [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a traditional locking pin inserted through my 1up rack to add a layer of security - maybe this is an improvement that they made in the last couple years? (purchased mine in 2019, absolutely love it, and definitely would hate to have mine stolen. My condolences, OP!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it's changed over the years, but mine has holes in the shroud around the hex head that tightens up the expander. Putting a padlock through those holes would block access to the hex head.

I've never worried about mine getting stolen. I take it off and put it in the garage whenever I'm not carrying a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 Up USA Bike Rack theft [wthecoyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wthecoyote wrote:
I have a traditional locking pin inserted through my 1up rack to add a layer of security - maybe this is an improvement that they made in the last couple years? (purchased mine in 2019, absolutely love it, and definitely would hate to have mine stolen. My condolences, OP!)
Quote Reply
Re: 1 Up USA Bike Rack theft [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Located in Wilmington NC.
Also, I had never worried that it would be stolen but will with the new one. New 2” rack comes with additional locking device.
Quote Reply