Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knight of Sufferlandria
Quote | Reply
Races near me have been all been cancelled or postponed until next year, so I'm looking for fun DIY challenges to do instead. I've thought about becoming a Knight of Sufferlandria before but it never fit well with a race schedule. This year that doesn't matter.

I've found a few threads about becoming a Knight of Sufferlandria but they're pretty old and Sufferfest has updated quite a bit the past couple years with lots of new videos. Anyone done this recently? Any tips or tricks you'd be willing to share?

I did Jordyn Bryden's Solitary Confinement ride earlier this month and it was awesome. Seems like becoming a Knight will be generally similar but with slightly shorter breaks and more varied intensity.
Quote Reply
Re: Knight of Sufferlandria [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it a few years back over the Christmas Holidays, without much specific prep for it. I had done my first Ironman earlier that year, and my buddy and I decided we could get it done on the residual fitness.

A few tips:
-Start videos at 70%, and work upwards if you get to 5 and still think its too easy
-Change of clothes every few videos
-Plan out your nutrition in advance
-Save your favourite video for the end. We picked The Wretched because it sounded appropriate to put that last (we had never done that one), but I would have preferred one of the better videos.
-Alternate between types of videos (intervals, steady state, etc.)
-You get 10 mins between videos. Set a 9 minute timer each time you get off the bike so when it goes off you can use that as your cue to start making your way back on
-Do it with someone else if you can. Much easier to grunt through the last few when someone else is doing it too
-Plan your celebratory meal for afterwards. For me it was greasy pizza and beer.
-Have fun!
Last edited by: timbasile: Jun 17, 20 12:01
Quote Reply