Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Route(s) Near New Boston/ Manchester NH
Quote | Reply
Next week I heading up to New Boston for a couple of days and looking for a nice 50ish mile ride. Thx!
Last edited by: Dynastar: Jun 15, 20 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Route(s) Near Old Boston/ Manchester NH [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dynastar wrote:
Next week I heading up to Old Boston for a couple of days and looking for a nice 50ish mile ride. Thx!

Do you mean NEW Boston? In New Hampshire?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Route(s) Near Old Boston/ Manchester NH [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, some really nice riding in that area so you should enjoy it. Route 13 through New Boston is great for riding. I'm not sure what the best starting point would be in there, usually I ride it towards Goffstown, but it's probably better if you don't go that way as 114 is pretty busy in that area. Maybe start on route 13 in Goffstown, there is a gas station right near the 13/114 intersection. Ride south on 13 towards New Boston, turn right on Francestown Turnpike unless you want to climb all the way up to Mont Vernon which is a pretty long climb, and if you go down the other side towards Milford it gets VERY fast there. Scary fast. So instead ride back into Francestown and there is a loop you can do in either direction really, either turn left on 136 to Greenfield and then right on 31 and then another right on 47 that takes you past Crotched Mountain and back into the center of Francestown or go the opposite way. Then turn onto 136 which takes you back to New Boston and route 13. That 13/136/47 area I ride a lot and I really, really enjoy riding those roads. Pretty quiet, good pavement, some good hills and pretty good sized shoulders. Also there is a nice little general store in the center of New Boston, AND a really nice road side spring on route 13 between Goffstown and New Boston if you need some more water. It has a "drink at your own risk" sign on it but I can't even tell you how many times I've had water from that and it's always been fine.

Probably some other routes in that area are pretty nice, but I would not ride towards Manchester, and 114 has a nice shoulder but tends to be a much busier road so I wouldn't choose to ride on that really either. But that would be my choice as I've ridden those roads often.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Route(s) Near Old Boston/ Manchester NH [Emzee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx! Coming from NYC, so "traffic" not an issue :)

I will be starting on Old Coach Rd. by the campground. From a quick Google maps review a lot of those roads look fantastic. Great riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, perfect. Yeah really nice/fun roads to ride on and definitely will be a great change of pace from the traffic in NYC. Have fun!
Quote Reply