Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed metrics aero box
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know any other companies supplying aero box products like the below link preferably in Europe?

https://www.speedmetrics.com.br/...box-argon-e117-e119/

I was just about to pull the trigger to find a 40dollar delivery charge at the end of it and refused to click enter!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed metrics aero box [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keepdrilling wrote:
Does anyone know any other companies supplying aero box products like the below link preferably in Europe?

https://www.speedmetrics.com.br/...box-argon-e117-e119/

I was just about to pull the trigger to find a 40dollar delivery charge at the end of it and refused to click enter!

Same here

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for a box specific to Argon? If not, then Drag2Zero (in the UK) makes a similar box for the P5 and Scott Plasma5.

I was close to pulling the trigger on the Plasma5 box but didn't because it's expensive. The speedmetrics boxes are a much better deal!

I'm also skeptical of claims like "The placement and shape of the storage box assists with air flow around the frame, improving aerodynamics over no bottle or other non-bespoke storage solutions" when no data is given. D2Z and Simon Smart do all sorts of aero testing, so if the box really is better you'd think they'd publish the data to prove it.

I had a chance to test in the tunnel this spring and adding the Elite Crono on my Plasma5 (size large) increased drag by 3.6 grams at zero and 5.5 grams at yaw. Maybe it's possible the D2Z box would have smoothed air flow around the frame and actually been better than the bottle alone or having nothing at all in the triangle, without testing I'll never know. Given that the bottle alone increased drag I'm glad I didn't order the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed metrics aero box [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s interesting to hear. What were the values with a round bottle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't try a round bottle. It was my first time in a tunnel, and time is $$. I don't intend to race with a round bottle on the frame so I didn't bother testing with one.

I did test with both one and two round bottles BTS, and they were both aero neutral. Of course these things all depend on lots of factors (the person, their position, the position and angle of the BTS bottles, etc.) so ymmv. Regardless, I was pretty happy to find that out.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed metrics aero box [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely thanks for that. Something to think about now. Maybe 2 BTS and 1 BTA the way to go
Quote Reply