Quote | Reply
Gravel group set. Di2.

At 4K seems like a good value.

Thoughts??

https://ocoeebikes.com/...boundary-grx-810-di2
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ocoee is a Carbonda 696 frame with some extra protection tape, better paint, a PF bottom bracket, and maybe better hardware than buying direct from China. You can't build the specs on that bike for the price they are selling it unless you have extra parts laying around. There's a 3000+ post thread on ridinggravel.com of all the people who are really happy with carbonda's 505 and 696 frames. The nice thing about Ocoee is you also have a brand in the US to work with in case something goes wrong.

You'll notice Ridley, Boltcutters, Cobalt, and Vitus are all selling that frame under different names. I sent messages to both Ocoee and Boltcutters asking if they changed anything about the bikes and both companies basically responded that the frames are the same but they do additional QC.

Also, you just missed a sale where that bike was just under $3700.
Last edited by: bearlyfinish: Jun 14, 20 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
Ocoee is a Carbonda 696 frame with some extra protection tape, better paint, a PF bottom bracket, and maybe better hardware than buying direct from China. You can't build the specs on that bike for the price they are selling it unless you have extra parts laying around. There's a 3000+ post thread on ridinggravel.com of all the people who are really happy with carbonda's 505 and 696 frames. The nice thing about Ocoee is you also have a brand in the US to work with in case something goes wrong.

You'll notice Ridley, Boltcutters, Cobalt, and Vitus are all selling that frame under different names. I sent messages to both Ocoee and Boltcutters asking if they changed anything about the bikes and both companies basically responded that the frames are the same but they do additional QC.

Also, you just missed a sale where that bike was just under $3700.

Many thanks, I had no idea. I race triathlon and know nothing about gravel, just looking for a decent bike to ride.

Any other suggestions of bikes I should look at? Would like electric shifting.

And late for the sale, story of my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My nephew just bought two bikes from them; a Boundary and Baseline. He bought the Baseline days after the sale ended, but they honored the sale price. He’s been very happy with the while process and likes the bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for a decent bike at a good price with 2x Di2, I'd definitely put the Boundary on the list assuming the geometry fits. I don't think you'll get a better value anywhere. Like I said, you can't buy a frame direct from China and build it up for the price Ocoee is selling their Di2 bike.

In terms of other bikes, there's a ton of variation out there. Some bikes lean more towards bikepacking and adventure category and some lean more towards the endurance road category. So you need to decide what you are mostly going to ride before narrowing your choices.
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
If you're looking for a decent bike at a good price with 2x Di2, I'd definitely put the Boundary on the list assuming the geometry fits. I don't think you'll get a better value anywhere. Like I said, you can't buy a frame direct from China and build it up for the price Ocoee is selling their Di2 bike.

In terms of other bikes, there's a ton of variation out there. Some bikes lean more towards bikepacking and adventure category and some lean more towards the endurance road category. So you need to decide what you are mostly going to ride before narrowing your choices.

Thanks again, totally newb here.

More towards endurance road, not backpack adventure.

Thoughts now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timely thread.... https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Boundaries_7686.html

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Timely thread.... https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Boundaries_7686.html

Ian

Indeed, good read, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got mine (boundary GRX Di2) 2 weeks ago. I like everything about it. I have gravelking SK 42s on there right now, measure 44 on a 25mm internal rim and there is a TON of room still even with my fenders mounted. I also have 28 GP5K on Hed jet 6/9 plus rims and it's as fast as my old road bike near I can tell. Highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [Kwalton839] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did change the pressfit (ugh) BB for a Wheel Manufacturing screw together BB. Only change needed besides adding a stages PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Ocoee Boundary [Kwalton839] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, bought it. Be here in a few weeks. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply