Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

first real non virtual triathlon was today
Quote | Reply
We must go back to the stone age, of the 80s and 90s. plan a course. gather the troops and tell them start location and time. Races are dead and we cannot rely on RD's or city officials to come through. Had 25 people show up, good enough distancing. No bike racks, wet suit strippers, etc. I am sad though of the people many I did invite ... did not come because they think triathlon is just IronBrand races. I hope others in ST community also take lead. The weather is perfect and beautiful and this lock down made me appreciate the out doors we can lose easily, so much more.

Last edited by: synthetic: Jun 13, 20 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: first real non virtual triathlon was today [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super....thanks for posting. I did my first two real triathlons since lockdown. Warm-up ride to beach, hammer swim, hard bike long route home, throw bike in garage, put on running shoes and off for a run.

Now that we are allowed groups of 10 locally I will invite friends for some more of these. We won't be able to time transitions to the part of the bike where we can hammer with no stop signs and no lights. But we can self time all three legs.
Quote Reply
Re: first real non virtual triathlon was today [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes people self timed but we did award people for top 3 female/male. park ranger asked if this was organized event and were we timing ... we said no :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you at Mission Bay in San Diego?
Quote Reply
Re: first real non virtual triathlon was today [KathyLockwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't know they had opened Fiesta Island up, I can imagine it is packed. It seems like everywhere around SD is which is why I ride in industrial and rural areas mostly.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing is racing, who cares who puts it on? One of my training partners has been hosting weekend swims at the lake outside his house. This weekend he hosted a 70.3 fun times and a good learning experience for those that have never done the distance.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Jun 15, 20 4:54
Quote Reply
Re: first real non virtual triathlon was today [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Cook Islands Triathlon Association has been running events for the last couple of months in Rarotonga.They were declared COVID free in mid April had their Tinman Tri yesterday.Last month was the Bank South Pacific Womens Tri.

Numbers were down due to lack of athletes from NZ and Oz but it seems, judging by the amount of alcohol involved with their awards,they probably don't care.My kind of racing!

Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Jun 15, 20 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: first real non virtual triathlon was today [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigDig wrote:
Didn't know they had opened Fiesta Island up, I can imagine it is packed. It seems like everywhere around SD is which is why I ride in industrial and rural areas mostly.

Fiesta island open to everything BUT cars till july 6. hope this can be permanent.
Quote Reply