Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's the availability of the Alphafly in the US. Here in Germany they are not available at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice video, for those that dont speak German it can be summarized as alpha fly is significantly better. my buddy is a design engineer at Nike WHQ and while yes i agree Nike has crazy marketing, if you really believe that the hype is all marketing you are the fool. Each new iteration of this shoe will be faster and faster, in 2021 they will have something else probably that makes the alpha fly not so great. yeah it is great that hoka, brooks, saucony, newbalance, addidas, etc. are making carbon plated shoes and i would race with them if they were as fast as nike but as of now thy are just a couple years behind. even the next% is better than the copies and the alpha fly is better than the next% therefore best shoe on the market
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [TBrownRuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the other reviews I've read it seems that the the Next% is slightly better than the 4%, but from this video it seems that the Alphafly is again a giant leap, similar to the 4%. Just when the other companies caught up with the Next%, it seems like Nike left everyone behind yet again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TomvdS wrote:
From the other reviews I've read it seems that the the Next% is slightly better than the 4%, but from this video it seems that the Alphafly is again a giant leap, similar to the 4%. Just when the other companies caught up with the Next%, it seems like Nike left everyone behind yet again.

I have the 4% and the next% and know that they are a lot faster than other shoes for me, indeed about 4%.

Notwithstanding that, I do not think that this test was very intelligently done, as I noticed already at their former test between the next% and the 4%.

It is common knowledge that warming up has a huge influence: I heared once that the body can gain 30% of capability by warming up.
The guy started with Pegasus, then next% and then Alphafly, but if he would have stayed with the Pegasus they would have found, because of the fact that the body warmed up, also an improvement, although not so huge as they measured.
The girl started with the Alphafly and took then the Pegasus and they measured also an increase which was, to be expected, not so huge as with the guy (because she started with the fast shoe and ended with the slow one).

Better would have been to run let's say with one speed and swap shoes every minute or every two minutes, you would have had a "grand curve" then, showing warming up effect (going up and in the end maybe a tyring effect going down) and, superposed on that grand curve, steps caused by the difference between the shoes. Those steps relative to the grand curve would have shown the difference of the shoes a lot better.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Jun 16, 20 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Vaporfly Next% no longer available? [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vaporfly Next % is going to continue into next year. The Alphafly will be even tougher to get and find throughout its life as a shoe. Some cool colors coming up also later this year and next.
Quote Reply

Prev Next