Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters
Quote | Reply
So far GP Llama has 2/3 of the reviews up. It’ll be interesting to see the 3rd plus get updates from the respective companies. Also I’m thinking Xcadey and Sigeyi are coming out of the same factory but have slightly different software behind them?

Rotor: $650 (spider only)
https://rotorbike.com/powermeter/

XCadey: $275 (spider only)
https://xcadey.com/xpower-s/

SIGEYI: $330 (spider only)
https://www.sigeyishop.com/...o-power-meter-spider
Review TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll get back to Sigeyi meter this week. Initially it was spot on for power, they screwed it with a firmware update, they fixed that, that broke auto-zero, then they disabled auto-zero. I'm back to square one with testing on their latest firmware. XCadey tell me Sigeyi is a competitor...... but what they offer is almost identical.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...well at 55 usd discount
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tested my Xcadey against my Elite Direto today. I am getting similar results to GPLama in the XCADEY is consistently under reporting power by approximately 4-5%. given that this is comparing spider versus hub based power then tthe difference goes up to close to 6-7% given drivetrain losses.
Last edited by: davidalone: Dec 25, 20 4:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:

Xcadey Xpower S under reads by about 6-7% versus an elite Direto (see attached file) . can hopefully be remedied via power scaling in their app.
Last edited by: davidalone: Dec 26, 20 10:39
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
I'll get back to Sigeyi meter this week. Initially it was spot on for power, they screwed it with a firmware update, they fixed that, that broke auto-zero, then they disabled auto-zero. I'm back to square one with testing on their latest firmware. XCadey tell me Sigeyi is a competitor...... but what they offer is almost identical.

Any updates on this front? My wife’s stages is blah and their CS hasn’t been helpful in the least. Looking to get her a new PM probably one of these three options on a rotor crank if one of them get’s your nod.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Rotor Inspider and recommend it. There’s something to be said about an elegant package, and the way the Inspider assembles and looks with Rotor cranks and rings is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Any updates on this front? My wife’s stages is blah and their CS hasn’t been helpful in the least. Looking to get her a new PM probably one of these three options on a rotor crank if one of them get’s your nod.

After over eight months of testing, 45+ data sets analysed, and more firmware updates than I care to remember.... I cut my losses and took it off the bike. The AXO is really REALLY close to being excellent... until it isn't, and they release a firmware update, then it all goes to shit. It's on my long list of things to get back to.

The upside being that after six months the INSpider I returned to Rotor arrived back on my doorstep. They didn't collect it from the postal service. I guess it's mine now? :/

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: Xcadey Xpower S looking very good after latest firmware update and scaled up to 110%. near perfect.
Last edited by: davidalone: Jan 24, 21 1:23
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Update: Xcadey Xpower S looking very good after latest firmware update and scaled up to 110%. near perfect.

I’m having an issue with mine reading about 10% too low even after using the 106% power adjust that GPlama suggests. Do you think there’s very wide variance between the power meters?

Also do you know what spider type you are using in the app 1 or 2? Maybe that makes the difference? I have a 4 bolt spider to mount shimano rings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

After over eight months of testing, 45+ data sets analysed, and more firmware updates than I care to remember.... I cut my losses and took it off the bike. The AXO is really REALLY close to being excellent... until it isn't, and they release a firmware update, then it all goes to shit. It's on my long list of things to get back to.

The upside being that after six months the INSpider I returned to Rotor arrived back on my doorstep. They didn't collect it from the postal service. I guess it's mine now? :/

Was there ever a resolution to the issue highlighted in your (Rotor) video? Can't see anything in the comments, so am assuming not?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Jwb_LDN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jwb_LDN wrote:
Was there ever a resolution to the issue highlighted in your (Rotor) video? Can't see anything in the comments, so am assuming not?

They've sent over a new firmware for me to retest with the return-to-sender INSpider. I'll get to it when I have time, not a high priority at the moment.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
They've sent over a new firmware for me to retest with the return-to-sender INSpider. I'll get to it when I have time, not a high priority at the moment.

Which firmware revision did they send you? 1.0.28 or something newer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:

For me, the deal-breaker would be the inability to do a static torque test. It wasn't clear in your video, but when doing a zero offset in the phone app, is there a torque value returned? If so, then a static test could be performed, as long as we know what the torque the number returned represents.

This is how one can check PT hubs (and SRMs), and was also how early Quarqs were evaluated, prior to their Qalvin app.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2 INspider units. (Both have been verified by Zwift for their premier league racing, but that’s a pretty low bar it seems.) anyway. One is on .26 and the other is on .27 firmware. I can’t seem to find where I can update them and the official word that I’ve been told is that they are working on an update and I can find it on the website once it is ready. I think the L/R estimator isn’t the best but the general data looks good enough to me when comparing it to my CycleOps Hammer on the latest beta firmware.

The Rotor app though is poor design, heavy, laggy, calibrating is a pain, multiple languages displayed when set to English, etc. Generally speaking, I like the rotor rings, I like the people at Rotor USA but I’m not sure if my next bit of bike tech will come with Spanish software/engineering behind it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had already ordered a Sigeyi PM when I realised that I can get a Quarq DZero for just roughly the same amount. I needed a spider solution fitting to an 8-bolt AXS DUB crank with BCD 110/5 and I thought that Sigeyi was the only solution before I learned that Quarq actually has the same thing.

So I cancelled the Sigeyi order because I have experience with Quarq/SRAM and have nothing to complain about these. The only downside I see is that I will have to swap CR2032 batteries but they seem to last for a long time from what I have seen with my AXS powermeter.

I see no business case for an unknown brand just replicating existing products if it does not come at a steep discount over established brands or offers solutions (like specific bolt patterns) that are not readily available? Or am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im using a rotor 4-bolt 110 with a rotor aldhu. I've seen some people on the interwebs reporting low values of anywhere from 6-17% low.

You really need to test, test and test the Xcadey with a known good powermeter. In my case I have a Quarq Riken and a Elite Direto which agree pretty much with each other, so the odd man out is the Xcadey here.

While the Xcadey is cheap I'm inclined to agree with GPlama that unless you have lots of time and the equipment to actually test this it would just be better to go with a quarq or power2max. It took me about a week of night testing on the direto to get this right.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Feehliks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The price on the qiarqs is great, but forces you to use the DUB system, which would not be my choice for a BB standard on my bike.

My personal preference for a crank powermeter would always be a 24mm axle shimano standard. Its guaranteed to work well with any bike and is bombproof and is just an all round good BB standard.

If you want to stick with crank based 24mm axle, your only choice at this point is Rotor aldhu or vegast on a sigeyi, xcadey, rotor inspider, or power2max, because none of the dual sided crankarm shimano cranks are reliable,
Last edited by: davidalone: Feb 26, 21 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
The price on the qiarqs is great, but forces you to use the DUB system, which would not be my choice for a BB standard on my bike.

My personal preference for a crank powermeter would always be a 24mm axle shimano standard. Its guaranteed to work well with any bike and is bombproof and is just an all round good BB standard.

If you want to stick with crank based 24mm axle, your only choice at this point is Rotor aldhu or vegast on a sigeyi, xcadey, rotor inspider, or power2max, because none of the dual sided crankarm shimano cranks are reliable,

Not so much of a problem when you have a DUB crank! But I don’t see much issue with DUB anyways.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [Feehliks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feehliks wrote:
davidalone wrote:

Not so much of a problem when you have a DUB crank! But I don’t see much issue with DUB anyways.

I have had nothing but issues with preload, creaking, etc from going with a DUB BB to match all my Quarq bits.

Even with the Shimano spindle size they offer, you're still in the game of the crappy preload and spindle width issues. I've never had an issue with any Shimano BB/spindle/preload stuff.

Just insert, screw plastic preload piece in, tighten left crank.......roll. And man those cranks spin nice.

The SRAM/DUB all that jargon....pshhh. Don't care for it.

I love the Quarq, hate the BB/spindle preload deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is 1.0.27. I ran one outdoor tests vs the Assioma last summer and at 300W it seemed to consistently read about 5W high iirc. Wanted to investigate further, then more urgent stuff got into the way and it gathered dust. This thread reminded me that I still have that on the ToDo list.

You can find the 1.0.28 firmware and Rotor software on the website of a German distributor https://acs-vertrieb.de/rotor-service-faq

I have not attempted a firmware upgrade nor installed the Rotor software yet. The app is definitely a complete disaster.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor INspider vs SIGEYI AXO vs Xcadey power meters [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DUB is an attempt to unify Quarq's product line across BB30 and GXP and MTB and Road. They had 4 product lines, now with DUB, they have 1. Which is great, for them and for us.

the problem then is they could have gone BB86, which already does this. instead they chose a middle of the road solution to fit both BB86 and BB386/BB30 frames, which is neither here nor there. a DUB crank with a DUB BB in a BB386/BB30 frame will work, but it loses out on the advantages of BB30. A DUB crank with a DUB BB in BB86 frame will work, but it is still suboptimal because you're using smaller bearings than what is needed. and yeah, the spindle widths and preload adjuster on the DUB cranks suck.

I stick with a 24mm spindle for my powermeters because we've seen BB standards get born and die out quickly. FSA's standard is dead, BB30 short is dead, BB386 is quickly replacing other 30mm spindle standards, GXP is discontinued. who knows how long Dub will last. 24mm shimano is the only standard I am confident just works and is going to be around awhile, BB386 being the other one.
Quote Reply