Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit Fast App
Quote | Reply
Love tinkering with my fit, and always consider posting here for feedback.

Has anyone used the Bike Fit Fast App and is that as good as sharing a video on forum for feedback?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Fast App [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used it since 2014. It’s pretty good, only as good as your phone camera and ability to film, but has some nice built in tools. Certainly worth the price.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Fast App [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sense. Looks solid. I know just the math side is not what you get when a trained fitter lays eyes on you, but if you get all the angles right isn’t that majority of what most try to eyeball when they look at these videos?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
but if you get all the angles right isn’t that majority of what most try to eyeball when they look at these videos?

No

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Jun 10, 20 5:24
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Fast App [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the point, I like it :-).Iis it at least a good starting point before posting a video?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, I have the app, I like it. It's arguably more helpful for roadbike fit (where angles are probably more straightforward to use).

However, to get the most out of it. You do need to consider a few things (which could cost extra)

1. Angle of video is super important. The app cannot do a good job unless the phone is pointed horizontally against the midpoint of the bike and have full view. The perspective of the video / photo will be wrong otherwise. For that , you need enough space between bike and phone, and something to get the phone at the right height. I ended up buying a cheap tripod

2. It is very difficult to get the dots (what's used to mark the angles) consistently recongized by the software correctly (sometimes it thinks my ankles go to the top of my head). To that end, it'd be helpful to have an non-decorated wall as background. The app has trouble if you all your bike wear (bike, bib, jersey) are matte black and don't reflect any light, I use yellow electric tape to mark measuring points (sorta like retul)

3. You need enough light

4. Make sure your bike is actually level
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Jun 12, 20 0:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This review is a little dated:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...surement-review.html

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply