Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with solution ideas 12-speed and 2017 Kickr
Quote | Reply
Purchased SRAM AXS for my gravel bike but then realized my 2017 Kickr cannot do 12-speed. The system arrives this week so it’s not installed yet.

Possible solutions:

Return it and buy Shimano GRX. This is 11-speed. Also $500 cheaper

Buy a cheap trainer bike

Sell Kickr and buy new Core since the 2018+ can do 12-speed. A new Core is basically same as 2017 Kickr.

Am I missing any other solutions? Any input on the options on the table?

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help with solution ideas 12-speed and 2017 Kickr [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2017 Kickr. Those only work with 2018.

Quote | Reply
https://rotorbike.com/...-speed-cassette.html

http://www.sunrace.com/en/products/mz-12-speed

12s cassettes that fit on HG freehubs. Not cheap options (particularly Rotor).
Quote Reply
Re: Help with solution ideas 12-speed and 2017 Kickr [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rotor is good option but when I looked into it, the 11-36 (smallest option) will cause me to exceed the FORCE AXS RDR teeth capacity.

Quote | Reply
Hey,

I can't tell you how to install a 12sp AXS cassette on a Kickr but what I can tell you is that the AXS works on a 11sp cassette with no issues in ERG mode. I have a Tacx Neo with a 11-24 11sp cassette that I use for my Tri bike which is Shimano 11sp and my new road bike which is SRAM AXS....If I really want to use resistance mode I can still do that by avoiding the two outside cogs on both ends.

It is certainly not ideal but works more than good enough for me that I don't bother to change cassettes at all.

Good luck and happy riding. By the way I really like the AXS Force on my road bike....no regrets going 12sp at all (at least for me).
Uli
Quote Reply