Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports Cardiology Clinics?
Quote | Reply
I had a heart attack May 24 due to blockage in the LAD and stent placement on May 25.

I want to be evaluated at a Sports Cardiology Clinic to help me determine next steps for training/racing.

I have found the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mass General Hospital, one in Dallas that all have received positive press. But, there are also others that would be closer to me as far as travel (e.g., not requiring flight).

Does anyone have any experience with a Sports Cardiology Clinic?
Since the field is relatively small does it matter where I go since they all have access to the same current research, etc?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Cardiology Clinics? [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
I had a heart attack May 24 due to blockage in the LAD and stent placement on May 25.

I want to be evaluated at a Sports Cardiology Clinic to help me determine next steps for training/racing.

I have found the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mass General Hospital, one in Dallas that all have received positive press. But, there are also others that would be closer to me as far as travel (e.g., not requiring flight).

Does anyone have any experience with a Sports Cardiology Clinic?
Since the field is relatively small does it matter where I go since they all have access to the same current research, etc?

Thank you!

Cleveland Clinic always seems to rank high for heart evaluation. They have a sports cardiology center.
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Cardiology Clinics? [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know where you are from (New York?)

I went to the Sports Medicine Clinic at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.
Quote Reply