Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Wales (Sept 6th) Cancelled
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. All registered athletes automatically registered for 2021. We were expecting an announcement around 16th July, which would have fallen in line with IMs 50 days out line for race confirmation. Anyway, I personally have a few shorter local races to hopefully look forward to and keep me focused.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales (Sept 6th) Cancelled [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My cousin can’t even travel from Cheshire into Wales to visit my aunt and uncle just now...a drive of about two hours. Wales is shut...and rightly so.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wales 2021 was my next planned full.. be interesting to see what registration looks like when it opens up, if it opens up at all given the number of athletes that either deferred or have been deferred.

Might just have to target 2022 instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wales (Sept 6th) Cancelled [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they just automatically rolled everyone over to 2021. Given that the race sold out in a few hours I wonder if many places will become available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xplombier wrote:
I think they just automatically rolled everyone over to 2021. Given that the race sold out in a few hours I wonder if many places will become available?

That was my point above.. 2020 sold out fast because a) it's the 10th edition of the race b) a lot of people used a mis-shared priority link to sign up for 2020, so I don't see many 2021 places being available at all.

Gives me extra time to train, I guess..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So my husband and I are registered for IM Wales 2020 which will be postponed to 2021 which I feel is the right thing to do. We automatically get registered to 2021. We got the notice sometime last week or the week before.

However we can't be there in 2021 for the date proposed. I asked IM Wales if I could defer to 2022 and they said NO. I'm really disappointed with that decision. I really don't want to pay twice for a race especially with two of us racing and of course the travel costs of flying overseas. I would love for a couple athletes to take our spots in 2021 and IM Wales let us race in 2020.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You never know, if enough people are unable to attend the 2021 edition they may open up the registration again? Fingers crossed!
Quote Reply