Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question on Bike fit and where to sit on saddle.
Quote | Reply
ST in relation to placement on saddle, I have a question. On my Tri bike I've had a professional fitting, the sensors hooked up, video camera type 3 hour fitting. I find myself during zwift training and even sometimes on a long bike when i'm trying to generate more power sliding forward on my ISM saddle where I am almost right on top of the peddle to get stronger leg drive. Now my knees arent hitting my elbows, but close. I dont stay long in this spot because obviously the snub nose part is directly on my under man region. Should my saddle be closer? I know without a cam or photo its hard to answer, and I am not sure if holding that spot for 3 hours is attainable, but sometimes i feel like in my normal saddle position I am almost reaching on the down stroke to generate power.

Or do I just need to get stronger and I am over compensating sliding forward due to weak hammys or glutes.

BLUF Should I be closer in relation to saddle placement to have more leg drive or should that only be a temporary move and not meant for long term sitting.

thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on Bike fit and where to sit on saddle. [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Question on Bike fit and where to sit on saddle. [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

On your road bike (or when sitting up on the base bar), you sit on the ischial tuberosity (red).
In aero, you sit on the rami in front of it (blue).

If you keep sliding around, move your saddle so the correct spot corresponds to your pelvic anatomy in the predominant posture on the bike.

Hope this helps.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply