Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other?
Quote | Reply
Who has returned to their massage therapist since the COVID-19 lockdowns began? I have a session scheduled this week, the first since Feb. I've stayed injury free without the monthly session I've been getting for close to 20 years even though I've increased the run mileage by a third during the lockdown. I trust the professionalism of my therapist and know he needs the $ but I'm getting nervous as I've been very diligent with the social distancing up to this point. I haven't been close to anyone but my wife since mid March.

One option could be to have him only work on the legs. I will be wearing a mask.

Should I wait longer or return to the table this week? Next week I have a dental cleaning scheduled and I need a haircut.
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have.
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine is a massage therapist and she started back either this week or last week. I think both she and her client wear masks and she has a full cleaning protocol in between.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, personally I'm just using the Theragun a lot more.

I can't see being in a 8x10 treatment room for an hour with my CMT as being low risk (mask or not). Maybe if we both had N95s, but not with a surgical or cotton mask. Remember too, you are not their only client.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

I can't see being in a 8x10 treatment room for an hour with my CMT as being low risk (mask or not). Maybe if we both had N95s, but not with a surgical or cotton mask. Remember too, you are not their only client.

x2 just some guns, boots, and foam rollers for me. Also, why N95s? Why not just make a P100 the requirement if you are concerned?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, several. The joys of being in New Zealand ;-)

In the 'level 2' period then massage and physios basically were as normal, contact tracing and no towels on the tables, just the (cold) wipe down surfaces and more time between patients for cleaning.
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:

x2 just some guns, boots, and foam rollers for me. Also, why N95s? Why not just make a P100 the requirement if you are concerned?

It's probably pretty hard to get an infectious dose through an N95. I have family members who have to intubate Covid-19 patients, and if it's able to keep them safe through that (aerosols and fluids everywhere) it's probably thick and rich enough for massages, haircuts, etc.

Goggles wouldn't be a bad idea either (swim goggles are actually perfect for this), since the eyes are the other entry point to protect.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, yesterday for the first time in several months. I needed it more than I realized. I turned 60 recently and have lots of kinks especially in my back. We wore masks except for when I was face down. She had a "catcher" for that.

I'm not planning on avoiding everybody until there is a vaccine. Who knows, they may never find one.
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went last week, along with my daughter and wife. Have another appointment in 4 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait just a second....
You guys can get your significant other to give you a message??!!???!!?!!?

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
Wait just a second....
You guys can get your significant other to give you a message??!!???!!?!!?

She gives me plenty of messages (not all good), especially since we've been together basically 24-7 the past 3 months ;)

Titanflexr wrote:

My therapist works out of a house, so a bigger room. Thanks for the N95 suggestion.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 9, 20 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The massage places in FL opened on June 1. I was there two days later. I have been having some back muscle issues that I couldn’t shake for the last couple of months. It was at times very painful. A good deep sports massage for 60 minutes on the area was some sweet relief. I have another one tomorrow to work it out some more. So I saw it as a medical necessity and worth the risk because I was miserable. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have gone.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a couple and so has my wife. I go again next week. Therapist wears a mask and so do I (not when face down though).
Quote Reply
Re: Got a massage lately by anyone but your significant other? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The massage places in FL opened on June 1. I was there two days later. I have been having some back muscle issues that I couldn’t shake for the last couple of months. It was at times very painful. A good deep sports massage for 60 minutes on the area was some sweet relief. I have another one tomorrow to work it out some more. So I saw it as a medical necessity and worth the risk because I was miserable. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have gone.

Did you see Bob Kraft there :)
Quote Reply