Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bont Vaypor G
Quote | Reply
If any of you have used the Bont Vaypor G as an XC MTB shoe, please chime in with your experiences.

I've been using the Vaypor XC for the past few years and they are on their last legs. They are great shoes, but seem a smidge overbuilt, so considering trying the Vaypor G next.

So, what do you think? Too minimal for legit MTB?

Thanks
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: bont Vaypor G [AndyPeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Vapor G ever since it was introduced.

I find it to be just as durable as the older Bont mountain bike shoes- fit is exactly like the Vapor S.
The only drawback would be that they are not terrific for a ton of hike and bike- But nothing will happen to the shoes.

If you have a Bont foot- The Vapor G is for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPeterson wrote:
If any of you have used the Bont Vaypor G as an XC MTB shoe, please chime in with your experiences.

I've been using the Vaypor XC for the past few years and they are on their last legs. They are great shoes, but seem a smidge overbuilt, so considering trying the Vaypor G next.

So, what do you think? Too minimal for legit MTB?

Thanks
Andy

it's my gravel shoe. no problems.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run pair for a year now. Yes stiff when walking long stretches, but the stiffness and road shoe feel is worth that small trade off. I actually just have 1 All in one bike that is road geometry and can handle 40 tires, so I do have SPD's on them and I feel zero loss of power with the Vaypor G's. I would have never thought I'd run mob shoes/spd's on my main bike EVER! Very happy with my setup. My newer Bont Zero/Speedplay pedal combo is collecting dust now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks.

But to get to my more specific question. I'm not exactly a careful MTB racer. Commonly bounce my shoe off of trees, rocks, etc. Destroy a pedal every now and then. The bont vaypor xc have held up to that stuff well. Any thoughts on how the Vaypor G would do?

Thanks again
Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, yes, agree with longevity. I had to walk part of Columbine at Leadville and had to walk in the crap rocks etc..shoes all good. I too like to put my foot down too much and mine have held up great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you guys find the sizer on their website to be accurate? I am looking at the Riot MTB+ model
Quote Reply
Re: bont Vaypor G [EndurancePhysio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the sizer. My feet were 1mm different in length and it was telling me I was a 46 or 46.5. Ended up emailing them with my dimensions and they told me which would fit better. Will see if they were right when they come in.
Quote Reply
Re: bont Vaypor G [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vaypor G uses the same last as Vaypor S. It simply has tread glued on and SPD drilling. The Vaypor S last is narrower and tighter than the Vaypor+ (2016). So, if you are, say, a wide fitting in Vaypor+ you will need a double wide in Vaypor S/G. If you are borderline, you may get away with the wide. However, it may be trite to say it but it is a damn lot easier to mould the shoes to a smaller size than to stretch them to a larger one.
Quote Reply