Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Events actually happen in 2020??
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I can imagine that most of you guys and girls feel the same and desperately looking for any challenge/event this year or ideally tomorrow.

This year pretty much messed up my training and event schedule. Being stuck in Spain for the past 3 months, you don't even wanna know how messed up my training has been. I am however now pretty much back on track and would love to participate in any smaller or bigger event.

I've been running for the last years https://myracediary.com (aka former https://hobbyathletes.com). We've been working hard to keep an up-to-date race schedule for triathletes, runner and cyclists (also some OW-Swims and Skimo events). This year everything is messed up and we are currently trying to update our calendar with the new dates or mark them as cancelled, when they are taken out completely this year.

So if you know some events that are for def taking place in the coming months I would be happy to hear about them. You can add them using our Add-Event form (https://myracediary.com/triathlon/new/edit), but we are also happy to hear from you through other ways.

Event organizers are also very welcome to get in contact or put their events into our calendar. A valuable backlink will be placed that points to your event website, giving additional google juice :-)

Anywhoo, every help is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Edwin
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [edwink75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the US it appears as though Lubbock and Muncie 70.3 are going to happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A month away from Mountain Man and it appears to be happening. Went out for dinner last night for the first time since we opened things in AZ and well...people aren't social distancing anywhere it appears.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Muncie isn’t even offering deferrals.

So with pools just starting to reopen, social distancing a remnant of a bygone era, mass protests bringing everyone back together, and mask wearing seen as a form of submission to authority, let’s just get back to normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for Elsinore, it moved from june 21st to september 6th... With the last reopenings in DK i think it is realistic.

https://www.ironman.com/im703-elsinore

One of my employees is having running issues, perhaps you can buy the ticket. PM me if interested.
Last edited by: Dane82: Jun 7, 20 10:00
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [Dane82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arizona is opening up and everything sounds great. AZ Republic reports:
Statewide hospitalizations as of Saturday were at 1,252 inpatients in Arizona with suspected and confirmed COVID-19, which was a near record high since the state began reporting the data on April 9. It was the sixth consecutive day that hospitalizations statewide have eclipsed 1,000.

In addition to an increase in hospitalizations, ventilator use in Arizona by suspected and positive COVID-19 patients statewide was at 248 on Saturday, which was the second-highest number, following Friday, reported since the state data began on April 9. Also, ICU bed use by patients with positive and suspected COVID-19 on Saturday was 392 — a record high and the 12th consecutive day that the number has been higher than 370.

Banner Health, the state's largest health system, is nearing its usual ICU bed capacity, officials said Friday, and if current trends continue is at risk of exceeding capacity. Banner Health typically has about half of Arizona's suspected and confirmed COVID-19 hospitalized patients.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if you are being serious or in jest, so if it's in jest please forgive me.

But... mask wearing is only seen as submission by those that are weak.

vonschnapps wrote:
Muncie isn’t even offering deferrals.
So with pools just starting to reopen, social distancing a remnant of a bygone era, mass protests bringing everyone back together, and mask wearing seen as a form of submission to authority, let’s just get back to normal.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just being facetious, I’m pissed that people are pretending that everything is fine, and that IM Muncie is making me choose between racing in an uncertain environment, abandoning the race, or taking a $75 refund. I’m holding out hope that they will offer a deferral.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
France - Embrunman - August 15th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe most of the Australian races starting in Sept will likely happen. Cases in Australia are in single digits now, unless there is a massive flare up, those races are likely to go ahead but doubt they will get much of an international audience but at this point, i think IM will just be happy to have a race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
currently Lake Lenape in NJ is scheduled as a go on 7/18 in a time trial format.....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive organized a duathlon series in Greencastle Indiana and our first one last Saturday sold out. A great time was had by all and I don't know how many people thanked me for putting on the race.
We have two more one July 5th and another August 1st and if all goes well I may do a season ender in October?
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
I believe most of the Australian races starting in Sept will likely happen. Cases in Australia are in single digits now, unless there is a massive flare up, those races are likely to go ahead but doubt they will get much of an international audience but at this point, i think IM will just be happy to have a race

Some of the Australian races are looking more likely but I'm not so sure about Cairns and Sunshine Coast. Queensland still has fairly strict social distancing and border closures in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [TIT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TIT wrote:
asianzone wrote:

Some of the Australian races are looking more likely but I'm not so sure about Cairns and Sunshine Coast. Queensland still has fairly strict social distancing and border closures in place.

The Cairns races could possibly be viable with just Queensland triathletes.My prediction has always been that the Cairns races will go ahead and with the President of TA registering for Ironman Cairns a couple of days ago along with flights and hotel bookings I am even more confident.The Kiwi government said this morning that they are knocking on the door to get the Oceania bubble opened and would happily start flights to several Aussie states now. Now we wait to see if we get a spike in cases after the mass protests last weekend and if not there is no real reason to keep the country shut down.
I am riding my bike up to Cairns and have booked my hotel so it would be nice to have a Tri-geek reunion when I get there before turning around and riding home.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
TIT wrote:
asianzone wrote:

The Cairns races could possibly be viable with just Queensland triathletes.My prediction has always been that the Cairns races will go ahead and with the President of TA registering for Ironman Cairns a couple of days ago along with flights and hotel bookings I am even more confident.The Kiwi government said this morning that they are knocking on the door to get the Oceania bubble opened and would happily start flights to several Aussie states now. Now we wait to see if we get a spike in cases after the mass protests last weekend and if not there is no real reason to keep the country shut down.
I am riding my bike up to Cairns and have booked my hotel so it would be nice to have a Tri-geek reunion when I get there before turning around and riding home.

A little further development for the Kiwis is that the Queensland government is looking at opening up its airports to flights from New Zealand as soon as next month with flights into Brisbane,the Sunshine Coast,Gold Coast and Cairns.I reckon all states but Victoria and NSW will be open to domestic and NZ travel by August so it looks like I'd better start upping the training for Cairns.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Jun 10, 20 15:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fly by night duathlon. Labor Day weekend is still on. Delayed from early may.

Cazenovia Tri keeps advertising. Late august.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A small local tri happened last weekend in East Tennessee and it appears another is happening next weekend.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
TIT wrote:
asianzone wrote:

A little further development for the Kiwis is that the Queensland government is looking at opening up its airports to flights from New Zealand as soon as next month with flights into Brisbane,the Sunshine Coast,Gold Coast and Cairns.I reckon all states but Victoria and NSW will be open to domestic and NZ travel by August so it looks like I'd better start upping the training for Cairns.

Interesting but I have the impression that NZ is keen for the Trans-Tasman to start only in Sept (at the earliest)? No one seems to be in a rush to open borders in Oz....It will be a small race if it happens but i think it will
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:

Interesting but I have the impression that NZ is keen for the Trans-Tasman to start only in Sept (at the earliest)? No one seems to be in a rush to open borders in Oz....It will be a small race if it happens but i think it will

Can confirm from my New Zealand colleagues that the atmosphere there is definitely "no to a Trans-Tasman bubble this winter", and we're in an industry that favours international travel.

Additionally, my housemate is from Victoria, Australia; and that state is seeing a spike in cases (her sister is in health care).
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mell wrote:
asianzone wrote:

Can confirm from my New Zealand colleagues that the atmosphere there is definitely "no to a Trans-Tasman bubble this winter", and we're in an industry that favours international travel.

Additionally, my housemate is from Victoria, Australia; and that state is seeing a spike in cases (her sister is in health care).

Yeah,the spike of cases in Melbourne is going to stall any opening of the trans-Tasman bubble for sure now and it may be the thing that affects the September Ironman's in Oz the most.I was going to enter Cairns and visit some friends while there (I used to live there) but now I'll make a bike tour out of it and ride up instead, arriving on race weekend.If the race goes ahead I get to watch and hang out,if not I still get a visit and a 3,300K round trip ride out of it.
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Jun 28, 20 22:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Mell wrote:
asianzone wrote:

Yeah,the spike of cases in Melbourne is going to stall any opening of the trans-Tasman bubble for sure now and it may be the thing that affects the September Ironman's in Oz the most.I was going to enter Cairns and visit some friends while there (I used to live there) but now I'll make a bike tour out of it and ride up instead, arriving on race weekend.If the race goes ahead I get to watch and hang out,if not I still get a visit and a 3,300K round trip ride out of it.

The challenge in Australia is states have a goal of zero transmission before they open their borders. The good thing is that almost all the states have achieved that except for Victoria and maybe NSW....

As long as borders reopen internally, both IMs should happen. I cant imagine IM Cairns happening if borders are closed to NSW and Victoria...that's like 40% + of the population
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
Mell wrote:
asianzone wrote:

The challenge in Australia is states have a goal of zero transmission before they open their borders. The good thing is that almost all the states have achieved that except for Victoria and maybe NSW....

As long as borders reopen internally, both IMs should happen. I cant imagine IM Cairns happening if borders are closed to NSW and Victoria...that's like 40% + of the population

Other than NSW and Victoria, the latter spiking with 90 new cases over the weekend, community transmission has been well suppressed in much of Aust.

Days since most recent case of community transmission:
Open border states:
Vic: 0 days
NSW: 0 days (Ironman Aust Sept 13?)
ACT: 80 days

Closed border states:
Qld: 33 days (Ironman Cairns Sept 27?)
Tasmania: 52 days
WA: 66 days (Ironman WA Dec 6 - looking good)
SA: 74 days
NT: - totally dodged the covid bullet

The closed states are reluctant to re-open borders until NSW and Vic (combined 60% of the population and share an open border) have a control on community transmission.

Many smaller races are now being sanctioned for the start of the tri season in Sept. The question is the viability of the larger events like IM which rely more heavily on interstate competitors, should borders remain closed.

As an aside, Aust currently has a total of 15 covid patients in hospitals (Vic 9, NSW 5, Qld 1). Only a single patient in Vic is in ICU.

It's looking good for racing this season.
Last edited by: satanellus: Jun 29, 20 6:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced a women's-only sprint yesterday in Guthrie, OK

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Northwest Time Trial Series will go on if you are into TT: http://www.53eleven.com/nwtt-series-races.html
Quote Reply
Re: Any Events actually happen in 2020?? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear it!! I raced the international aquabike at Clermont, Florida on Saturday morning. There was a sprint tri, oly tri, and a 5K race; all conducted in accordance with USAT covid guidelines.
Quote Reply