Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Share your training challenges!
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

With races moved to later in the year or to 2021, I notice my motivation also (naturally I'd say) decreasing.

I've been discussing with my coach to implement some monthly training challenges, keeping it interesting and challenging. As a disclaimer, I work 50-60hr weeks so a usual training week is between 12-15hrs. My upcoming race is IM Portugal in November 2020 (if it happens...).

We came up with the below options:
  • "Kill the battery" week - as in Garmin battery (my Garmin has 21hr of battery life = 21 hours of training)
  • "Ironman" - doing a 70.3 or full distance myself
  • 20k elevation (cycling) in 1 month (I live in Switzerland so "feasible")
  • 2k elevation (running) in 1 month
  • A 500km bike week (my regular weeks are around 300km)
  • A 100km run week (my regular weeks are 30-50km)
  • A 15km swim week (my regular weeks are 8-10km)

What are other "challenges" or sub-goals that keep your training interesting?
Quote Reply
Re: Share your training challenges! [KoningBarry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coach has added daily short Facebook live video workouts. 15-20 minutes. she’s done some challenges within her team of things like most pushups in a week. Most body weight squats, etc. I still have some workouts during the week with intensity but on weekends it’s more often than not just workouts by time and ride or run at whatever intensity I want. I won’t be racing until the fall there’s no need to stress too much other than maintain a decent base fitness and in my case currently doing some ftp building.
Quote Reply