Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: On Your Left (Perfect Compilation) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not gonna lie, part of me wanted to give the finger pointer a love tap on the cheek as I'd pass by.

I've only gone on a couple of outdoor rides this year so far. There was so many people/families/casual bikers on the MUP I decided to finally buy a bell because constantly yelling on your left and half of them confused as to what that meant was getting frustrating. Haven't ridden outdoors since that day but now I've got a sweet bell on my road bike at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm (in no specific order)
The Boomer
The Startled
The Hopper
The old geezer.

I have, all too often, encountered the Headphone person, oblivious to the world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Diver... Lol

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Missing from that video:

5-6 year old boy on a bike. Locks eyes with you and rides right for you on purpose while making vroom-vroom noises.

angry old white guy: I HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE THE TRAIL!

rollerbladers: moves 1/8 inch to the right

dog walker with a 20 foot leash: shortens leash to 19 feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's great! I stopped saying "on your left" when I run because I would either say it too early and they wouldn't hear, or too late and scare the crap out of them. I start making random noises well in advance and they usually turn around with curiosity rather than fright. I don't ride on mixed trails.
Quote Reply
Re: On Your Left (Perfect Compilation) [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is space to pass not too close I say nothing except perhaps "Hi" or "Nice day" when I'm alongside.

If there is not enough space I slow down and say "Excuse me." Then sometimes a greeting as I pass.

Saying "On your left" and expecting someone to move out of the way is not right.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: On Your Left (Perfect Compilation) [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may have missed it but what about the response of the runner when the biker says nothing?

I love to say “on your right”. And I always thank the bike rider that says “on your left”.
Quote Reply
Re: On Your Left (Perfect Compilation) [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
I may have missed it but what about the response of the runner when the biker says nothing?
I don't understand what you are asking.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of these, and more. OK, maybe not the diver.

Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
If there is space to pass not too close I say nothing except perhaps "Hi" or "Nice day" when I'm alongside.

If there is not enough space I slow down and say "Excuse me." Then sometimes a greeting as I pass.

Saying "On your left" and expecting someone to move out of the way is not right.

Well in my area there are several signs around some of the MUPs I do sometimes ride on that specifically remind everyone of the "On Your Left" meaning for cyclists to use and to educate pedestrians/joggers. So there's that.

It seems a bell is more universally respected/understood better than announcing your approach verbally. So I finally broke down and got one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride on gravel a lot and frequently encounter walkers with or without dogs. Assuming they're in front of me, I say "Behind you" when I'm within earshot, and then "Thanks and have a good walk" (or run) as I pass them. They usually thank me for giving them some advance warning and if they have their dog with them, it gives them enough time to make sure the pooch is under control.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the diver! ha!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! There needs to be an additional one of "The headphone person with 5 dachsunds".

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply