Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for an old Cervelo P2SL bolt
Quote | Reply
On today's ride, the bolt that holds the saddle clamp to the top of the seatpost sheared off. The bolt is the one that goes into the seatpost insert, which in turn fits into the aero seatpost itself. In the photo, the top of the bolt is the part on the lower left, the bottom of the bolt is in the middle of the part in the middle (whose cylindrical end slides into the seatpost), and the part on the upper right is the saddle clamp.

What are the chances of finding this bolt and being able to get the bolt remnant out, or even finding a replacement for the seatpost part in the middle? The bike is likely 14 years old.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for an old Cervelo P2SL bolt [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a older Version
Send me your e mail for pics
Signed
Grumpy Old Man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coincidentally, the same happened to me while riding and I got the ground badly.
Getting the piece out is easy. Any bolt of the same size with a strong washer will do the job replacing it. Just go for steel and not alu.
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To get the broken bolt out, you will need..

https://www.acehardware.com/...wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then you drill a hole in the broken bolt, and use the extractor to slowly remove the bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for an old Cervelo P2SL bolt [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
To get the broken bolt out, you will need..

https://www.acehardware.com/...wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then you drill a hole in the broken bolt, and use the extractor to slowly remove the bolt.

I was able to drill out about half of the stuck bolt, then threaded the bolt into the hole which pushed the remainder of the bolt to the bottom. Found a hex head bolt that matched threading and length, used a washer, and I'm good.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me on a Soloist. Rode home without a saddle. This was 10 years ago when parts for them were still easy to find.... Ordered from Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
On today's ride, the bolt that holds the saddle clamp to the top of the seatpost sheared off. The bolt is the one that goes into the seatpost insert, which in turn fits into the aero seatpost itself. In the photo, the top of the bolt is the part on the lower left, the bottom of the bolt is in the middle of the part in the middle (whose cylindrical end slides into the seatpost), and the part on the upper right is the saddle clamp.

What are the chances of finding this bolt and being able to get the bolt remnant out, or even finding a replacement for the seatpost part in the middle? The bike is likely 14 years old.

[/quote

Support the economy/industry and get a new bike or something...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P2SL was and still is a good tri bike. I converted mine to a single speed and love riding it.
Quote Reply