Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Driver honking at me in rain to get off street then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! A while back, I was considering getting a bike jersey with the American flag to have less incidents with rednecks in pick up trucks bullying us on our bikes. Rednecks are flag-loving assholes. They have a hard-on for the 'muricin flag.

Back to the original post. After endless incidents on our Vermont rural roads like the one you describe in OP, we no longer ride on paved roads. The police usually side with drivers. Most rural cops are not lovers of cyclists (at least that's our experience with them when reporting incidents in Vermont as well as northern NY) While we aren't racing this year (big move, new life, covid19, races canceled), we are riding our gravel bikes almost exclusively. I love it and feel 10 times safer on quiet dirt roads!
If we were to race again, our tri-bikes would remain on the trainer and I would only get outside to ride the gravel roads or go mountain biking. It's just not worth it. People suck out there on the roads. Even the people who aren't complete assholes are sometimes distracted and it just takes one second! And when you are on the road for 5-6 hours during peak training, I feel like it's just a matter of time before something terrible happens.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver honking at me in rain to get off street then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shocking video. Whether or not you like cyclists, everyone should be pissed that we have to share roads with a psychopath who uses their car as a weapon. Don't see how the driver wouldn't have a problem with ramming your car either...

With how much complaining drivers do about other drivers (twitter, facebook, any call in radio show), you would think we would have more allies in clipping the wings of aggressive drivers.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver honking at me in rain to get off street then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:

A driver beeped his horn, boo f***ing hoo.

A lot of us get annoyed, but then shrug it off when a driver honks at us. But you're forgetting the second part: "... then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road". That's when you have a genuine right to get really pissed, and want to take legal action if possible...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Driver honking at me in rain to get off street then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Watching your video I agree it was close but you were also riding a fair bit off the curb.

And in bad weather.

Personally I avoid riding in rain and never in fog. Its not Worth it.

You make it sound as if the driver couldn't see him and almost accidentally hit him. Maybe you should watch the video.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver honking at me in rain to get off street then aggressively almost hits me when passing with no one else on road [cold turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cold turtle wrote:
PJC wrote:
Watching your video I agree it was close but you were also riding a fair bit off the curb.

And in bad weather.

Personally I avoid riding in rain and never in fog. Its not Worth it.

You make it sound as if the driver couldn't see him and almost accidentally hit him. Maybe you should watch the video.
I did watch it and it seemed like he was going round and then avoided something and came back.
If he wanted to buzz mr vegan, he would have never swerved to go round and come back.
They usually come close straight up.
Check out the clips on the fly6/12 site that people upload.

Again the driver was a dick (I said this last time) but the rider was in the middle of the lane in horrible weather. That is t helping their case.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next