Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year.

This year I was all prepared, my training was on point. My job and family life was in balance and I had real desire to make a difference this year racing not only for myself but for my charity and cause. I had just received my new wetuist and trisuit. My trisuit I had sublimated by Alibaba.com with my charity sponsor Black Lives Matter logo on the front and back of the suit. Plus, I had BLM stickers on the top tube of my bike, ready to roll. I was so excited this year to make a difference and spread the awareness of this worthwhile cause. I had receive many donations and I was well on my way to make difference. Of course, I was going to also take a knee during the national anthem before the start of the race too but it be so much more fulfilling to have the BLM charity as my sponsor on my suit. But alas, I have to wait until next year. Anyone else, feeling the same? I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [Terryh] [ In reply to ]

Your attempt at satire score is 0 out of 10.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]

It's not satire. I'm being honest.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [Terryh] [ In reply to ]

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]

I'm not a troll, I post here frequently.

Terryh wrote:

Ah yes, not a troll. Just a Dick.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)

I'm not a troll, I post here frequently
---
~50 posts over the course of 4 years is not what one would consider 'frequent'

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]

CaptainCanada wrote:
Terryh wrote:

Ah yes, not a troll. Just a Dick.

Why all the hostility brah? I did give the money I raised to BLM.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]

So because I only posted 50 times in 4 years, so 12.4 times a year, then I am not good enough to post something? Sorry I am not a super user like you, I actually work for a living.

I'm not criticizing your post, only your definition of 'frequent'. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]

Tri-Banter wrote:
I'm not criticizing your post, only your definition of 'frequent'. Keep fighting the good fight, brother.

Thank you I will try my best 😊

"Terryh" kinda has you on this one. 12,700 posts is A LOT and might skew your perspective.

Cue the popcorn...

Post your donation link so we can make you feel a bit better. I'm sure charities are still taking $ raised for events that have been cancelled. Not having races doesn't stop most of us from wearing our trisuits around town.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]

ThailandUltras wrote:

That meter. It is not reading 3.6. It is reading 15,000?

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]

Dilbert wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

That meter. It is not reading 3.6. It is reading 15,000?

Not great. Not terrible.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [trail] [ In reply to ]

I was actually wondering if and when the Covid cases skyrocket after all of the riot co-mingling will the media blame and shame the BLM peaceful protestors/insane looters or will they blame Trump? Serious question.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [JYoung] [ In reply to ]

Or its all going in in an outdoor environment and case trajectory stays similar. It this happens, it provides some data that concentrated groups outdoors is OK. If it goes up big time roughly 7 days from today (protests started 10+ days ago and there were large outdoor crowds at Memorial day too), then it confirms distancing to be useful outdoors. let's first see what happens to the trajectory.

Terryh wrote:
Of course, I was going to also take a knee during the national anthem before the start of the race too

Why would you choose to disrespect the flag and country by taking a knee?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [plant_based] [ In reply to ]

plant_based wrote:
Terryh wrote:
Of course, I was going to also take a knee during the national anthem before the start of the race too

Why would you choose to disrespect the flag and country by taking a knee?
haha Where I am from that would be sarcasm. It's how we cope with having so many countrymen burning down this country and taking us down with them.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [JYoung] [ In reply to ]

JYoung wrote:
I was actually wondering if and when the Covid cases skyrocket after all of the riot co-mingling will the media blame and shame the BLM peaceful protestors/insane looters or will they blame Trump? Serious question.

Take it to the Lavender Room!

You are a fucking asshole and not even very good at being that.

Re: Why I am a little upset about no triathlons this year. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, no popcorn needed here, folks. Locking and moving on.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter