Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info.
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I will be traveling through Charleston/James Island in July.

1 - Masters Swim team that allows drop ins? Assuming they are open yet due to COVID
2 - Any Open Water Swim groups and popular Spots?
3 - A bike shop/triathlon shop that I could rent a bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info. [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any info greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info. [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a search on the forum, I seem to remember numerous threads on Charleston as that is one of our occasional vaca spots. I will let the locals chime in, but I think of that area as more of a great running and open water swim spot, just seems overly busy for cycling. Beautiful area, great beaches nearby, awesome restaurant scene. Have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience being there during the eclipse...The ocean is super calm over at Sullivan's island and there is also a tri shop near there as well called Blue Sky Endurance

And biscuits... eat lots of biscuits!

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Jun 6, 20 8:18
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info. [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any outdoor pools?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dannyweissphoto wrote:
Any outdoor pools?

Non really. I did some googling back when I was there and really the only option was the YMCA in downtown.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in the day they had active Tri club: https://charlestontriathlonclub.com/ Has some info.
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info. [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Charleston/James Island. Looking for some training info. [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charleston has a beautiful 50 meter pool downtown. It is a city pool, named MLK, and a day pass is available for (I think) $5. Not sure of its current schedule due to Covid. Nice group bike rides from the Trek store in Mt. Pleasant on Saturday mornings. There are some good bike routes available, albeit very flat! Enjoy your time visit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been years since I’ve been to Charleston, but Hyman’s was fun stop while touring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Open water swim search for CHOWS (charleston open water swim) on Facebook. They have a pretty dedicated yet small group. Always welcoming in my experience. As pointed out trek group ride out of mount pleasant. You can also just find their routes on strava.
Quote Reply