Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon-18 E-118 Tri+ Comparisons?
Quote | Reply
A car recently put me in the market for a new TT bike. Previous bike was a BMC TM02 (current version), and while I'm thinking I might buy another BMC, the long/low positioning and the disc brakes on the newish Argon-18 E118 Tri+ are really intriguing to me.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any aerodynamic comparison data on this bike - Argon-18 (with Notio) had an article about how it's faster than the previous version (E118 NEXT), but that's not really all that enlightening. I know the rider/position makes more of the difference, but the decision would be a lot easier if I could see how the Argon-18 stacks up to a TM01, SC, P5 Disc, etc.

Does anyone have comparison data on the Argon-18 E118 Tri+ Disc?
Last edited by: naltom: Jun 5, 20 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Argon-18 E-118 Tri+ Comparisons? [naltom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually did the first aero tests for Argon. It is a fast bike.

You will be hard pressed to find data that compares it to other brands.

I have seen aero data comparing the 119 to previous generations of P5, SC and I have myself tested the TM01

I have tested the 119 and Tri+.

It's a fast bike and I'm pretty confident it would stand up to any of the other top of the line brands
Last edited by: marcag: Jun 5, 20 10:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny (or not). Last summer a box truck put me in the market for a new tri-bike (trainer). I was also on a BMC TMO2 at the time.

A few months earlier an airline put me in the market for a new race bike (BMC TMO1)

I went with the Argon 18 E119 tri for my race bike and E117 for my training bike.

The 117 is more comfortable but the 119 definitely puts you in a more aero position.

So far, the 119 has only been in 2 races last spring, but it was fun.

Just my 2 cents of personal unscientific observation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
naltom wrote:
A car recently put me in the market for a new TT bike. Previous bike was a BMC TM02 (current version), and while I'm thinking I might buy another BMC, the long/low positioning and the disc brakes on the newish Argon-18 E118 Tri+ are really intriguing to me.

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any aerodynamic comparison data on this bike - Argon-18 (with Notio) had an article about how it's faster than the previous version (E118 NEXT), but that's not really all that enlightening. I know the rider/position makes more of the difference, but the decision would be a lot easier if I could see how the Argon-18 stacks up to a TM01, SC, P5 Disc, etc.

Does anyone have comparison data on the Argon-18 E118 Tri+ Disc?

I bought one last week. I'm picking it up next week. I'll let you know how good it is the following week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The closing in December of my local bike shop out me in the market for a new TT bike. I came away with an Argon 117 for a great deal; it fit me better than the 119 at a better cost. I haven't ridden it much since for a variety of reasons. I'm hoping to fit it out this weekend with race wheels and aero nutrition and get ready to burn.

Only compare I can make is it was about 3 mph faster than my Argon gravel bike on flat pavement. That's good enough for me at this point in my, uh, career. Let us know how it goes!
Quote Reply
Re: Argon-18 E-118 Tri+ Comparisons? [clayhathorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an E-117 Tri. I love it. Great price and quality build
Quote Reply
Re: Argon-18 E-118 Tri+ Comparisons? [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those who bought the E-118 or 119, how is it?

I'm looking at a used 2019 Argon 18 E-119 with di2 and having trouble determining if the price is fair. I offered to buy it without the HED6 wheels and he said he'd sell for $3500. I'm thinking that's a little high but can anyone weigh in?

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Argon-18 E-118 Tri+ Comparisons? [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DKMNTRI wrote:
Those who bought the E-118 or 119, how is it?

I'm looking at a used 2019 Argon 18 E-119 with di2 and having trouble determining if the price is fair. I offered to buy it without the HED6 wheels and he said he'd sell for $3500. I'm thinking that's a little high but can anyone weigh in?

R&A Cycles is selling the frameset for $3,699.99. Throw in di2 and components for $199.99 less (albeit used) seems like a fair price.
Quote Reply