Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P1 pedals showing low power numbers
Quote | Reply
I have used the single sided P1 pedals for a few years with no issues. I recently replaced the battery. The pedals are usually on my trainer, but I took them off to use outside for a few weeks, then put them back on the trainer bike. The power numbers are now way off. I would guess about 25-30% too low. Usually I am able to ride 3x10 comfortably at 250 watts. Yesterday I could barely manage 200 watts. I also tried to do a 3 minute interval as hard as I could, and again the numbers were way too low. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I did some research and figured that maybe the crank length is not set correctly. The default is 172.5 and my bike has 175mm cranks. I use a Wahoo Elemnt. I tried to go on the Wahoo App and set the correct crank length, but can't figure out how to do that either.
Quote Reply
Re: P1 pedals showing low power numbers [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many miles do you have on them. After around 5,000 miles, the axle bearings start to wear and can throw erratic (or no) power numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: P1 pedals showing low power numbers [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you calibrated them recently?
Quote Reply
Re: P1 pedals showing low power numbers [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I calibrated them the other day before a ride with no issues. I also checked to make sure they would installed tightly enough and they seem to be. I did not want to overtighten them, so I was careful with installation.

Using the Wahoo Elemnt has been frustrating also. I have been careful to install all of the updates, but the head unit keeps exiting out of the settings page and is "searching" when I try to use the App to make changes to settings.
Quote Reply