Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

massive leg cramping after rest block
Quote | Reply
hey all,

I do a fair bit of volume (~20-25 hrs per week recently on the bike) and had just finished a massive block, taking a rest week this week basically doing nothing but sleeping, eating, and focusing on not moving in a training manner. one thing I noticed over these past few inactive days is that my legs look visibly swollen and I sorta feel waterlogged, tight, inflamed, and groggy all the time - perhaps a result of my body's inflammation trying to repair all the damage from the recent training. I went out for a spin today, and could feel how heavy and sluggish and tight I was from the start. about halfway into the ride, I got full-on dual whole-leg cramps so bad I had to get off the bike for 15 mins. crawled home under 100w the whole time on shattered legs. yes, it was hot but I drank an electrolyte solution before and during. this happened to me once before after coming back from injury/inactivity. has anyone experienced something similar, with extreme cramps and/or tightness after a rest block? obviously rest is beneficial but i'm amazed that my body would freak out so badly after several days off.
Quote Reply
Re: massive leg cramping after rest block [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"taking a rest week this week basically doing nothing but sleeping, eating, and focusing on not moving in a training manner."

Bad idea, you need to keep exercising just at a lower amount and intensity.
Quote Reply
Re: massive leg cramping after rest block [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello johnj121591. I recommend you to read these posts where they talk about the symptoms you share.

I also experienced something similar although in my case it is more focused on the topic of the column. So I had to do a lot of stretching exercises to be able to train normally again.

Link1: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/...t-days.16610/page-12

Link2: https://www.bikeforums.net/...muting-too-much.html

In the post you will be able to find many cases similar to yours. I hope you find the information useful.
Quote Reply