Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultegra Di2 setup: Should I go for the FSA Vision Aero Crankset or Ultegra Crankset?
Quote | Reply
Having a hard time deciding between (heavy+aero [FSA]) vs (light+packaging tape[Shimano]). Both are falling in nearly the same budget range . The FSA crankset is ~200g heavier than the Ultegra, but it looks more aero (will it be faster? I wonder...). The rest of my drivetrain is Di2 Ultegra, so I'm concerned about shift quality as well. Curious to know if anyone's had an experience with the FSA set! [link]
Also will be fitting it to a BB30 shell, so adapters might matter.
Last edited by: conky2313: Jun 4, 20 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 setup: Should I go for the FSA Vision Aero Crankset or Ultegra Crankset? [conky2313] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length do your fit numbers require?
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 setup: Should I go for the FSA Vision Aero Crankset or Ultegra Crankset? [conky2313] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike came with an FSA Omega crankset and mechanical shifting. It worked fine, but it was pig heavy and flexy. The flexy part could cause some poor shifting under load.

I now have a Red 22 crankset on the bike with Ultegra Di2 shifting. It works great. I love the SRAM carbon cranksets because they are feather light (much lighter than Shimano cranks) and they are very stiff.

Which FSA crankset are you thinking about. The Vision Trimax is very good and not too heavy. I had one of those on my road bike for a while and was very pleased with it. I eventually switched that bike to a SRAM Red 22 when I upgraded it to eTap.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 setup: Should I go for the FSA Vision Aero Crankset or Ultegra Crankset? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to another fitter/coach as well for a second opinion, and he put me at 165mm again. However, I'm still open to experimenting with 155mm cranks. So I guess I'll have to look for sets that are open for accepting these lengths (165mm/155mm). I could find 155mm (24) rotor cranks, but I'm not sure if they'll interface with Shimano/FSA crankset [https://rotorbike.com/.../aldhu24-cranks.html]
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 setup: Should I go for the FSA Vision Aero Crankset or Ultegra Crankset? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Which FSA crankset are you thinking about. The Vision Trimax is very good and not too heavy. I had one of those on my road bike for a while and was very pleased with it. I eventually switched that bike to a SRAM Red 22 when I upgraded it to eTap.
I'm considering this FSA crankset: link to crankset. It is lighter than the vision counterpart by some grams and it comes in 165mm size as well, but the compatibility with different crank arm lengths is going to be a big question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I went to another fitter/coach as well for a second opinion, and he put me at 165mm again"

What was their rationale for 165mm cranks?

"I could find 155mm (24) rotor cranks, but I'm not sure if they'll interface with Shimano/FSA crankset"

The Aldhu 24 cranks have a Shimano Hollowtech II compatible axle. In fact, I have most of the Rotor cranksets available, including 155mm with or without the INspider power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would lean way toward the FSA. That thing is gorgeous. Beauty and aero trump weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let me know if I can answer any questions on the NS Aero crankset for you.
Quote Reply