Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Done with cheap carbon wheels , time to step up . [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
giorgitd wrote:
Aluminum brake surface, yeah? Not a negative, just pointing out a potential difference relative to what the OP has (which is undefined wrt brake surface and likely also aluminum for a 'cheap' carbon wheel (OP's subject line)).

The thing is, a lot of people ask about carbon wheels when they should be asking about wheels. Carbon is not a magical substance that makes everything better.

Has anybody seen a wheel maker laminate an alloy brake track to the outside of a carbon rim? I'm sure there's methods to pin it so it won't come off. Why doesn't this exist? Or does it?
Quote Reply
Re: Done with cheap carbon wheels , time to step up . [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen a few like that, but they seem to be older models from 4 years ago or so. Mostly Chinese if I recall. I have no experience with them though.
Quote Reply
Re: Done with cheap carbon wheels , time to step up . [Clyde M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clyde M. wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I don't really see how you beat a set of HED JET 6+ for $899. You can use them for your road riding, but also use them for racing. Great way to support Minneapolis small business while riding wheels created by a master, built by a company that has been making quality products forever and is a true innovator making lightweight, aero, wide, tubeless wheels. Off course this is the rim brake variant. Many moon ago I wrote why this was the best value aero wheelset out there and I still believe it is relevant 3 years later.

^^^^^^yep,all day!

After doing some research, and asking for some advice here, I recently got these and absolutely love them!

X 1000.

I bought HED Jet 60 C2 front/back 10 years ago and I'm still using the front wheel as my go to training wheel! It's only had to be trued twice. My back Jet 60 wheel finally gave out after 8 years of heavy outdoor use (spoke broke, repaired it, and it broke again). I also have a HED Jet Disc that has survived two high speed crashes.

Chrissie Wellington rode HED Wheels to the fastest women's IRONMAN times ever recorded.

Why anyone would pay MORE for something like FLO Wheels that are heavier and outsourced and entirely manufactured in Asia is beyond my comprehension!

HED Jet 60 is a no-brainer. Made in USA. Bomb proof. Fast, Light, Cheap. Excellent customer service. What the hell more can you ask for?
Quote Reply

Prev Next