Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF => install on Canyon CF8 M size di2 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviving a bit of an old comment...

I recently picked up an aeria ultimate stem for my 2019 rim brake speedmax. I'm noticing the same issue where the current V21 stem uses an M4 bolt but the aeria is supplied with an M6. Is there a recommended solution for a proper fit or is it recommended to use the M4 bolt from the Canyon and just have it not fit as nicely?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF => install on Canyon CF8 M size di2 [ColeG2016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the bolt for the headset top cap into the steerer expander?
If so, you either need a new expander or just use a countersunk M4 bolt and accept it sitting a little lower than the AU original
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF => install on Canyon CF8 M size di2 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s right, the top cap bolt. Sure, I’ll just use the one that came with the bike for now and get a new expander to use the appropriate bolt the next time I’m having something else done by my LBS (maybe like putting on that wing 20/c for invisible wires…)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria Ultimate stem on Canyon CF [ABGJay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABGJay wrote:
It serves as a bearing cap, so it's not removeable. However, (and I can confirm this tomorrow when I'm in office and can look at the bike we have in our office) I believe we have a version that allows the stem to come down flush with the top of the headtube. I think we have a few of these in stock, and are in the process of getting these ordered (along with a lot of other smaller/fit-related parts). So yes, you can get the stem slammed. You can always call our in-house sales team, confirm it and order if we've got it in stock.

-Jay

I have a CF, had no issue with removing the spacer that came with the bike and using a bearing cap from another bike. #slamthatstem
Quote Reply

Prev Next