Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Power Meter Q
Quote | Reply
So, I have a trek speed concept and it appears my trusty Quark might be dead. As I look at the SRAM website I am having trouble squaring away what I would replace it with?

I am adamant about keeping my speed play pedals and race wheels. So, I want to go crank based. But, I have an 11 speed system and 2X. The trek speed concept is BB90 and apparently doesn't work with the DUB versions.

So, is there a quarq that I can put in it currently?
Quote Reply
Re: New Power Meter Q [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to consider a Rotor Aldhu 24 crankset with INspider power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would get an older model with a GXP spindle. The current models seem to all use DUB bottom brackets, but there are plenty of older DZERO models that use GXP bottom brackets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a few months ago, you could get 24/22 spindle w/ crank arms and then get a dzero spider to match up to it. Now that SRAM has migrated quarq and zipp into the SRAM.com website, I no longer see that as an option. I hope this isn't the case because that would essentially mean, you can't run any sram crank or quarq on any frame that isn't DUB compatible.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Power Meter Q [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what my assessment is from the SRAM website. Very disturbing as I have loved my Quarq since i first started with them. Just works well for me and has never let me down.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: New Power Meter Q [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is something I was trying to decipher and could not nail down the exact combination of pieces to put together...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in a similar as I just ordered a new Quarq DZero as I sweated through my old one from many indoor trainer miles. In my case, I went with the new Dub BB and crank arms since I wanted to redo the whole drivetrain (165mm cranks, 55-42 Q rings) and my old crankarms and rings were pretty beat anyways.

Which crank do you have on the bike currently, and do you want to change it out? If you want to keep your current drivetrain, you should be able to find either a spider-based PM that will fit your BB if you don't have a GPX BB (Power2Max makes compatible spiders to most BB systems, but not GPX). If you do have a GPX BB, you can probably search around for a used Quarq Dzero with a GPX BB- this might come with new crank arms and rings, but you can always flip your current rings and crank over.

If you do want to change out the crank, you've got a ton of options- Power2Max NGeco, Rotor Inspider, Stages or 4iii with Shimano (stages may not be in stock depending on the crank you want), etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no solution from SRAM if you want a brand new one. You have to get the 12 speed. Its SRAM's only PM to fit a SC BB. You will have to find an older most likely used SRAM PM if you want to keep your current drive train because of the SC BB.

I just had the same exact problem with Quark on my SC. There are other companies that will work but I settled on Stages and it works great. If left/right is important Stages Bilateral.....basically two PM's put together, works just like a crank based PM but cheaper for the entire set up......PM + crankset. But if I remember correctly (?????) the older Quarks were one side power only. If you want a single side power Stages is a much cheaper and very effective PM.
Last edited by: Scottxs: Jun 2, 20 7:19
Quote Reply